MetLife Dental — dental insurance
MetLife Dental is the worst dental insurance imaginable. I have worked for 25 years and have had several dental insurance plans; none have been as bad as MetLife - not even close.
MetLife maintains an endless list of denial reasons - the bulk of which are not provided in the Summary Plan Description. When one sends in a pre-authorization request, MetLife comes back several times with ridiculous questions as "stall tactics". If you get the service anyway (due to pain, potential loss of tooth, etc.) before the pre-autorization comes back, MetLife denies the claim. If you get back a pre-authorization, it states it is not a guarantee of payment; MetLife often refuses to pay anyway. It is a catch-22.
In my situation, I work for a self-insured company, so MetLife is just the administrator.See Top 10 Worst Companies in El Paso, TXAll of the premiums I pay go for poor quality administrative practices, stall tactics, contradictory statements, mis-communication within their business, AND their lawyers. The actual payments for services come from the company I work for. If I cannot get assistance from my Human Resources department, I would have to sue my company through ERISA. I am paying for their lawyers and would then have to pay for my own. What a scam! What a great deal for MetLife - no accountability.
It is getting harder and harder to find reputable dentists under their plan. I wonder why. If they treat employees poorly, I'm sure they treat dentists as badly.
Please do everything you can to avoid MetLife and petition your company to drop them or not to use them. They are a highly unethical business. They operate under a "thug" business model.
MetLife Hater in Arizona
More MetLife Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife Dental - claims not processed for more than 12 months
- Met Life Disability Insurance - fraud 
- Metlife Disability - metlife petition
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - left off beneficiary