Merchant Services / not with wells fargo but useing their logo

beware! I recently started a biz and opened a checking acount with wells fargo bank. My banker told me to expect a call from their merchant services soon in order to set up for excepting credit cards in my biz. So in a few days I recieved a call from someone caiming to be with leaders merchant services. I asked" are you with Wells Fargo?" they said yes. So I did all the paper work assuming that I was doing biz with my bank-Wells Fargo. I never thought twice about the fact that they may be someone other than who they implied. All of their documents that they have you sign have the name Wells fargo on the letter heads and use the name through out leader's merchant services contracts. So I signed up. I got pulled aside at my bank a week later - My banked said that because I did not sign up with wells fargo she would have to change my biz bank program to one that was a monthly fee. I told her that there must of been a mistake with wells because all the docs I signed had wells fargo name all over it. So after she looked into it she called and told me that what they are doing is illegal and that wells fargo is not leaders merchant services- But I had to deal with it on my end. So now I say beware it is easier than you think to get frauded. Leaders merchant services is not part of Wells Fargo- and they will tell you that they are just to get your account fusterated and betrayed- [protected]@hotmail.com

Comments

• Sb
      4th of Aug, 2009

LEADERS Merchant Services would like to apologize to this merchant for the experience she has had with our company. We at LEADERS Merchant Services pride ourselves in providing our merchants with superior customer service and to hear a complaint such as this is truly disheartening.

LEADERS would like to address this merchant’s complaint regarding LEADERS Merchant Services association with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.: LEADERS contractual paperwork clearly states that we are a registered ISO (Independent Sales Organization) and MSP (Merchant Service Provider) of Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is the processing bank for LEADERS Merchant Services. LEADERS also has a copy of the merchant’s signature as proof of her signed understanding of this mutual business relationship, per the Association Disclosure, page 4 of 4, of LEADERS Processing Contract.

LEADERS would like to take this time to apologize to this merchant for the misunderstanding and we would also like to wish her well in all future endeavors.

• Ha
      26th of Jul, 2010

Leaders is a LIE!! They really are a SCAM
    Terrible terrible company. I am finally getting out of my 2 year contract. I shouldve gotten out sooner. They charged me unexplainable fee's too.
    With all those fee's it probably wouldve been better to leave the first year.
    Service is unbelievably terrible.
    Never go with them EVER!!! They steal your money away. Worst people to work with.
    All very non-educated. All they know are about the additional fees they keep popping out at you for NO REASON!!!
    STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
    I will do everything I can in my power to have no-one, NO ONE go with them!

• We
      22nd of Nov, 2010

ALL PROCESSOR HAVE TO USE A SPONSER BANK... THAT WHAT IT SAYS ON THE APPLICATIONS...THE TRUTH IS THAT MOST BANKS DON'T DO PROCESSING AND IT IS DONE BY A PROCESSOR...MOST OF THE TIME THE BANKS CAN BE MORE EXPENSIVE THAT WORKING WITH A PROCESSOR... THE BANK MIGHT HAVE SAVED YOU THE BANK FEE AND MADE A COMMISION FROM THE PROCESSING WHICH WOULD HAVE COST YOU MORE.
    FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN LENDERS DOESN'T FALL INTO THE CHEAPER CATOGORY