Menards / people r rude

IN, United States Review updated:
I work at a menards and cant believe the people we get. I work in the rec department and cant stand half the people i deal with. Ive been threatened, pushed, screamed at, cussed out, you name it. If people come to me and be a complete ### do you think im going to help you. We are understaffed and never have enough people working. People need to chill out and realize this. If someone has to wait an extra 5-10 minutes they freak out. I like my job, but hate the people that shop there. People wonder why they never get help, 90% of the people are complete ###s. Its not our fault if something comes in damaged or has not came it yet. People need to realize this and stop taking it out on the workers. Same goes for returns, its not the workers policy its the stores. Dont take it out on us, were just doing our jobs!
Mr

tru dat
Ma
  28th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I fyou don't like your job, quit! Working with the public sucks. People are rude, BUT that does not give someone the right to be rude back. Has your mother taught you nothing. If you try to approach people in a positive manner they usually repond that way. People have every right to be mad when they are paying for a product or service that was not recieved. You are not the only person in the world who has rude customers. Get a desk job in a closet if you don't want to deal with people. Otherwise...grow up. I have worked in retail for 20 years and for every bad customer I have I have 25 great ones. I don't let other people's bad days make mine that way. I was a store manager at the Home Depot, I know about the home improvement store business. I also know people at Menard's have bad attitudes and would have never worked for me. Try to keep the other side in mind when you wait on people, or get a new job.
Sa
  6th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
im sorry but i have no sympathy for a selfish whiney customer. what i also hate is how when they know you are on a break and they even say they know and they expect you to just help them and ###. today i was going home and wasnt even in uniform and this stupid old ### gave me this nasty look and i finally asked him what he needed help with after evily staring at me and he kept yelling "i cant hear you! every single time i said something. its rude to expect help when someone is not getting paid and are taking a break or not even working! and marcia D you cant just quit when you have a job there are bills to be paid and this econmy is tough.

Menards Logo Menards