Menards / we were unable to use coupons because we did not have a big card

We bought several items last week and when we checked out we were told we could not use the coupons we got in the mail or paper because we did not have a Big Card. Don't send us the ads then. We buy most of our materials at Lowe's since it is closer to us. Most of our friends use Menards and we were satisfied with the products we bought just not the service. No where in print could we find the fact that we must use a Big Card to purchase coupon the items we wanted to buy there.

Va

Comments

• Me
      1st of May, 2008

I suggest you speak with a store manager and show them the coupon in question. Menards does not typically send mass mail coupons. The ads are for use by everyone. The only coupon that requires a Big Card are the coupons sent with the Menards Big Card credit card statement. Another popular coupon that requires the Menards card is 10% off all purchases with the Menards card. The terms are clearly stated.

• I0
      18th of Aug, 2009

I'm an employee at my local Menards, and I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've seen all kinds of coupons that we have, and very few actually require a Menards Big Card. It's quite possible that your cashier was mistaken about the coupons, or maybe it was even their first day being a cashier by themselves and their training was not handled properly. Either way, I'm sorry that you had this experience. I hope that you will shop at Menards again in the future.