Menards / refused to product back

I purchase a snow blower from Menard's last evening. I spent $1, 005.42 fo0r the Brute 13.5 X 29 electric start. I even paid $ 39.95 for delivery of the terrible product and the delivery guy actually didn't even know how to get it out of the truck, my brother and I had to unload it.

I pulled up to my garage, put gas in it and tried to start the snow blower, it would not start. We tried it three times to no evail. We checked the oil, spark plug and all connections and this snow blower just would not turn over and it was approximately 15 minutews old. (Brand New)

I called Menard's in Oakdale, Minnesota I spoke to some one that stated he was the Manager, I explained the situation with the product I just purchased and explained to him, I need someone to come back to my home and pick this product up, I will not pay over $1000 for a proiduct that dopesn't work!! The *** so-called manager asked me, did you make sure to put fuel in the snow blower? I said, of course I did because I would be willing to bet it would not start with out it. Again, the *** manager then stated this, we'll seeing you put fuel in the product we can not take it back becasue it's now used.. I said, that's incorrect because this item will not start, I've had it (15) minutes and I would also bet your delivery drive has not even returned back to your storer yet from his trip to my home 10 miles away? The manager said, you're correct, . he's not back yet buyt seeing you have put fuel in the snow blower to start it for the first time, regardless of the fact it will not start, it's yours and we will not take it back. The store manager then hung up on me!!

Nice service from a retail store thast steals over $1000 from customers, refuses to try and make some sort of an accomidation to the customer and then hangs up the telephone because he's both to ignorant and unqualified to answer simple questions.

I will NEVER buy as much as a cotter pin from Menard's ever in my life, what a joke of a retailer.

Comments

• 21
      24th of Jan, 2011

I am a store manager. I would have taken it back. You cannot lump all Menards into this category, as different managers do different things. Unfortunately, the one nearest you is a ###. Sorry. I would have taken care of you.