meineke auto / seized ac pump

Yuma, United States Review updated:

I had taken my daughters car for an oil change, and was told they had no oil. I was told maybe tomorrow. The air conditioning wasn't working in the vehicle and a noticed a sign saying "free a/c check." I was told they put it on a machine to check it for leaks. After forty-five minutes I was told it had no leaks but the Freon and oil needed topping up in the unit. I was told it would cost $111.00 to do this. He did this, then turned on the a/c and there was no cold air. I was told the pump would have to be rebuilt for $600 to $700 dollars. I told him I didn't want this done right now so he drained all the Freon and oil out of the pump and still charged me $60 for absolutely nothing. But this isn't the end of the story. My daughter headed home to California with her young daughter in the car and the a/c pump seized up which caused the serpentine belt to break, and melted the pulleys on the water pump and on the alternator. While on the freeway she lost her power steering and ended up on the side of the freeway at night, waiting for a tow truck. This was $150 tow home and another $900.00 to have the vehicle repaired.

When I returned to the shop to talk to the manager about this I was informed "there wasn't a manager, he had quit and that they didn't have a number of anyone I could call."

Sorry, I won't be going back there and beware of "free a/c check" signs.

Ge
Feb 26, 2014

Comments

• Mi
      18th of Mar, 2014

MY MENEKE experience @ the yuma store was just as bad if worse. charged me 1300.00 dollars to repair and install brakes. Brakes that were ultimately installed improperly. trird to get at least a partial refund back and was laughed at by the manager. Plus they left my car all soiled with oil. Stains everywhere on the seats and inside door paneling. Will never ever go back to Meinke in YUMA AZ