meineke auto / seized ac pump
I had taken my daughters car for an oil change, and was told they had no oil. I was told maybe tomorrow. The air conditioning wasn't working in the vehicle and a noticed a sign saying "free a/c check." I was told they put it on a machine to check it for leaks. After forty-five minutes I was told it had no leaks but the Freon and oil needed topping up in the unit. I was told it would cost $111.00 to do this. He did this, then turned on the a/c and there was no cold air. I was told the pump would have to be rebuilt for $600 to $700 dollars. I told him I didn't want this done right now so he drained all the Freon and oil out of the pump and still charged me $60 for absolutely nothing. But this isn't the end of the story. My daughter headed home to California with her young daughter in the car and the a/c pump seized up which caused the serpentine belt to break, and melted the pulleys on the water pump and on the alternator. While on the freeway she lost her power steering and ended up on the side of the freeway at night, waiting for a tow truck. This was $150 tow home and another $900.00 to have the vehicle repaired.
When I returned to the shop to talk to the manager about this I was informed "there wasn't a manager, he had quit and that they didn't have a number of anyone I could call."
Sorry, I won't be going back there and beware of "free a/c check" signs.
More meineke auto Complaints & Reviews
- Meineke - Meineke Oil change at 41 woodlawn Rd. W. Guelph, Ontario, Canada 
- Meineke - Botched The Job, Cost $7,000 To Repair 
- Meineke - Terrible experience! 
- Meineke Car Care Center - Won't pay up on Lawsuit 
- Meineke - Can't do a simple oil change 
- Meineke - Stole my battery
- Meineke Car Care Centers - car repairs
- Meineke Car Center - Poor work and false warranty
- Laura Meineke DBA Panache Poms - Refusal to honor contract 
- Meineke - Car care scam