Medix School West / Staff and overall performance

1 6901 Security Blvd, Suite 21Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-907-8110

I was outraged by the behavior that was allowed in class rooms, the staff's attitude towards the students, and most importantly i feel as though they could have done more to aid me in my attempt toward sucess.

Ch

More Medix School West Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ri
      9th of May, 2009

MEDIX SCHOOL WEST IS A RIP-OFF!!!

ALSO, CHECK THIS OUT!!

27th of Nov, 2009

I join to the comment because what I could see from Medix School - it was the profanation of education and dishonest attitude to the students.

27th of Nov, 2009

Guys, I'm so sorry that I have been a student of the Medix School after I saw your posts. I thought, may be this horrible situation in one of the Medix School's campus is not so common. But after 2 month being a student of the school I was shocked seeing what is going on there. I can not say anything about any sexual harassment in that campus, but I saw how incompetent and inexperienced was my instructor. I finally decided to withdraw from the school and after that I started getting the letters threatening to pay more money or face collection agencies. Yes, as I could see they are interested only in getting money, and in nothing more.
    The campus is new, and still is not equipped well. There is no even ventilation in the building, lunch room is so tight and not clean, I even don't want to speak about the wash rooms there. And they try to explain to me that it's normally, that it should be so.
    The instructor during the lections was just reading text from her Power-Point, - the poor extraction from the chapter she should be teach us that day. We are able to read ourselves. What is that??? Which standard of education? Why should i pay my money for her reading?? I was getting instructors help only in giving me tests sheets, showing the procedures before they are evaluated. That's it. I was told that the instructor has a huge professional experience, but what I need - I need to be taught, and she is not able to provide teaching. Why should I pay for promised teaching when I haven't get any??
    And about the attitude to the students there. What I saw there, all the staff is indifferent to our needs and complaints. they think they "can fix" us with our stupid complaints. instead of teaching we have got our "morning prayer": positive affirmations we must read every morning aloud all together!, That is ridiculous! I appreciate is as a foolish, and abusive cheating, as a definite profanation of education. It's disgusting!
    I hope another people will read my post and will think before to enroll to Medix School wherever it is located. Because, Medix School is not right place for students having brain, and willing to have secured professional and financial future.

• Ba
      6th of Jan, 2010

I too am at Medix being mentally abused daily. The Directors think it is a joke. I am sick to my stomach thinking that I have to be there daily. The instructor prides himself on being a part of Gorilla warfare and is now bribing students with money so that they will not speak out against him. Most students are new to the country and are scared of their own shadows. This the worst school I have ever attended and heard of. PLEASE FR THOSE THINKING ABOUT MEDIX>>>>DON"T
    Those who have complained are removed from class permanently!!!

• Tr
      22nd of Feb, 2010

This school is completely unprofessional. How can you have a instructor teaching you what they don't know themselves. I have witnessed fights between staff and staff, students and students, and students and staff. This school is not run the way any institution should be. In the time I was there I can't tell you how many times we had to leave early or sit in our classrooms for at least an hour with no instruction while the whole staff was having a meeting about one thing or another. About staff sleeping with students, or staff arguing with eachother in front of students or talking about eachother in class. I had one of my instructors when we filled out the survey about the class start to act really nice to us so we would put good comments down for her. But all she did in class was text on her phone while we made our own groups and learned by ourselves. Its ridiculous and I wish I would have known more about this school before I decided to attend.

• Na
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I am currently enrolled at Medix school-west and i would like to say i wish i saw this web site before enrolling into the school. I know more then the instructors who are suppose to be certified in everything under the sun but if you ask them a question thats not inside the text book you sure wont get a correct answer. The Janitor with the dumb [censor] ratlock is a pervert and dont do anything but talk to the students which by the way are adults like they are dirt and the Dean he is a incompatent [censor]. i can not wait until im done with this school so i can get away from all this childishness that the staff at Medix-west have. lets not forget that they over charge on tuition because every other medix school charge way less then them.

23rd of Aug, 2010

I attened, graduated and they helped me find a great job. My program was only 9 months and now I'm making more money than I ever made before. Medix School has helped me acheive my goals and provide a better life for me and my children. If I had gone to a 4 year college, I would have spent at least $15, 000 a year and I still wouldn't have a career. I would like to thank Medix School West for all it has done to help me.

• Ga
      24th of Aug, 2010

Medix School west has left me $10, 000 in debt through student loans, JOBLESS and DEPRESSED. I've hit rock bottom. I don't know what to do with my life at this point. If only I NEVER WENT TO MEDIX SCHOOL WEST, My life would be on track. I wish I would of stayed in Community College. Medix School is a For-profit school, they only care about taking your money. They promise a concrete, stable dignified job as a medical assistant, LIES all LIES.. GO TO regular college people. I graduated in 2008 from Medix School-West, received my National Certification and yet I can't find any position as a Medical Assistant. They aren't hiring new grads, only people who have 2-4 years experience. FORGET ABOUT MEDIX if you can read this. I wish I would of done my Home work. They say the will help you find a job, but they haven't aided me at all. Please Take heed. I'm also willing to link up with anybody who was ripped off by Medix to enact some kind of law suit. Please leave your email address.

• Lo
      5th of Oct, 2010

medix school is not a place for anyone that wants to become successful in life, the staff there are not proffesional all they want from you is to be kissing their dirt [censor], i regret going into that school i was there for four month without learning anything beacuase the instructor will only give you a piece of paper and ask you to work in group and she will be busy sending text message and talking on the phone whenever a student ask for help she will come up with a dirt attitude and dirt look my four month spent there was a waste of time and money.

• Je
      14th of Dec, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I just came across this website now. After reading the blogs, I am saddened for the ones that did not have a very good experience. Schools are suppose to be designed to motivate and aim for higher success. I graduated with honours from the Medical Office Assistant Program and took up and additional Phlebotomy/ECG course back in 2006 at the North York campus. My experience was positive in that matter. Before enrolling myself to Medix. I also did my research and was debating should I go to a community college or university, but I knew my situation at the time I would not be able to afford paying back OSAP what ever the amount would be. So I decided to go to Medix and it was the best decesion I had taken. From the time I first met with my counsellor up until I graduated. They made me feel very welcome and I did not feel they were in for the money at all. I also did hear stories of private career colleges that just scam you, but I took my chance as Medix has a good track record. My instrcutor was very professional, encouraging and would always ask for our feedback and have the class participate especially during theory.. She would not tolerate any wrong behaviour from the students and was very strict with attendence, which is a positive aspect. The students in my class were generally all well behaved. Upon graduation we had our 4week placement which was great, there were no delays everything ran smoothly and on our last day we had a little party in our class and some students exchanged cards with words of encouragment. After graduating a month or two my school helped me find a job at a private hospital even though it was contractual, I was very happy. I called my school every so often and keep them posted My campus was great. One feature I did like about our campus was they hadpictures of fellow medix graduates who found jobs along side the walls when you walk in and I found that so motivating. I can't thank Medix School enough. They have been amazing. :)

• Je
      14th of Dec, 2010

My apologies I didn't realize this campus was in Baltimore. My campus is in Ontario, Canada for the record.

• Co
      23rd of Feb, 2011

For all complaints. If you feel as though your complaints are legitimate please report to the Better Business Bureau to make others aware of the seriousness of the problem.

• Du
      9th of Aug, 2011

I wish I would of checked out this school before signing anything, but I did not so I attended Medix West from Sept.2010 thru June 2011, it was a joke. The instructors they must hire anyone just to fill the seat, you more less teach yourself. They are all about the money. They really don't care if you learn anything. When you complete the course they really want nothing else to do with you. It's sad so if you are thinking about attending please look at other schools first. Just a warning!

• Co
      5th of Oct, 2011

They are crap I also attended Medix School West, They have left me in debt as well. Money that I didn't even know I signed to for, the classes were horrible they put you on ### intern sites and don't help you look for a job. Even when you call and call for there help to find a job they do nothing what so ever and don't even help you get certified. They worst school ever I would never recommend this school for anyone very unprofessional. And also I didn't know half of what to do when I went on my internship because they didn't prepare me for it they threw to the wolves basically.

26th of Nov, 2011

I also graduated from medix and have not found a job. It was a waste of precious time and money. This will be the worst thing you can do to yourself. The One Stop Career Centers all over Baltimore City have free training courses. You can train for free to be a multi skilled medical professional. I found this out after attending Medix School West. I know people who went that route and actually found jobs. Also, you can train to get your C.N.A and become a Patient Care Tech. Whatever you do don't go to this scam ### school.

26th of Nov, 2011

Jesslynn29 is a rep from the school don't believe that. They are trying to throw off anyone who actually did their homework before going to his Fruad ### school.

26th of Nov, 2011

I also just wanted to add that I was an A student at the school, I did everything I had to do and yet I did not find a job. Like I said an absolute waste of time and money. I also found myself depressed after attending the school because I was left with unemployment and a heafty student loan bill. You don't need to go to this school. Go to a One Stop Career Center and get free training or just go to Community college. This is a Fraud for profit school. It's a complete Rip off and a Scam

• Ka
      28th of Dec, 2011

I graduated from MEDIX WEST in 2008 for MEDICAL ASSISTING and the campus was like high school all over again. NONE of what I was taught was used in the real world. EVERYTHING I know now, I learned from actually being in the business. THEY DO NOT HELP YOU FIND JOBS, THEY DO NOT TEACH YOU THE THINGS THAT ARE ON THE CERTIFICATION TEST, THEY DON'T EVEN PAY FOR THE CERTIFICATION TEST, TEACHERS WERE SLEEPING WITH THE STUDENTS, STAFF WERE MORE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING A GOOD PARKING SPACE RATHER THAN TEACHING...UGGGH, I CAN GO ON FOR DAYS. The "teachers" are just there to get a check. If they aren't allowing you to do group work or watch a movie, they're telling stories about their lives that have NOTHING TO DO WITH SCHOOL.
    Personally, I feel the program and school day should be longer. You're only in class 5 hours a day with the exception of Fridays & weekends. With everything Medical Assisting REALLY entails, I didn't learn any of that in the 9 months I was there. There is no reason you're in school for a year and a half to learn how to do a press n' curl, but only in school 9 months when you're learning to sustain or possibly save a life.
    The only GOOD THING about the school is that its in a central location that has access to several bus lines and located in a mall.

• Th
      13th of Jun, 2012

Computer support tech program is a fraud. The director doesnt even teach u anythang n the program.just a waste of time.

• Me
      13th of Mar, 2013

Medix school in Kitchener, ON is the same as the ones in the States. Its appauling the attitude of the teachers, during evaluations you are told gossip about fellow students and how none of us will make it in the real world. Its disgusting. I will never recommend this school to anybody.