McCarthy Volkswagen / bad service and lies

1 249 Garsfontein Road, Waterkloof Glen X8, Pretoria, 0010Pretoria, South Africa

I took my car to VW Menlyn on the 07/01/2016 and stated that when I brake there is a noise and shuddering and my steering will shakes when I hit the brakes. I picked it up and the service provider guaranteed me that the noise and shuddering is gone and the car is fixed. He said they have changed my brake pads, and that my ECU bracket is broken but they held it together with something to make it stable. He said the shuddering was due to the broken ECU bracket. I then asked if that is not a temporary solution? that what would be a more permanent solution? I asked why did they not replace the bracket. Seeing that I did not even know what an ECU bracket is he told me it is not sold alone but as a unit and that there is nothing he can do. Upon leaving the place I called VW Midrand and asked how much an ECU bracket cost, they asked for my Vin number and gave me the price. I asked if it is sold individually and they said yes. I then lodged a complain with customer service to which VW Menlyn replied that the bracket is not covered under my maintenance and warranty plans but my question is 1. Why was I lied to and told I cannot buy an ECU bracket 2. Why was I not told when fetching my car that the ECU bracket is not covered by the plan I have 3. If my brake pads are changed why is there still a noise when I brake my car 4. If the shuddering was due to the ECU bracket that is "fixed", then why is there still shuddering when I hit the brakes and why is my steering wheel shaking when I hit the brakes My car is still in the same condition as I took it in. VW has the tendency to tell clients that are under service plan and warranty that whatever issue they have is not covered. Why are we made to take all of this plans and get nothing out of them in return? It is really frustrating to pay for something that you were told "oh mam if you have a problem with your clutch or your brakes you will be covered" but when the time comes for them to change those things you are told "oh you are a bad driver, your clutch or brakes are worn out due to negligence." My car is at more than 58 000 kilometres and has a noise when I brake and that is still not good enough for VW to change my Discs but I bet just after 60 000 kilo's when my service plan has expired they will tell me the discs need to be changed. I am an extremely disappointment customer and hope to sell my car and never drive VW again. I might be a nobody but you have lost a client.

Nj