Mc - Grc Proactive Solution / Charged for something i didn't order

1 IA, United States Review updated:

They are liar. . . , they did same to me, i received on free mailer booklet speacial offer for $19. 95 and i orderd on line, there was no choice or any fine prints to worn saying " you will automatic enrolled as a member ", i received trial order month later and guess waht, not even two week and i see charge for $45. 85 whcih was not authorizes and when i called they were giving stories, what a scam. . . Never buy from this people on line or by mail, i called my cradit card company and informed them, will see what happens. I called proactive and argues a lot finally they said they cancel my acount and will refund but guess what. . ,. Another lie. . I suppose to received refund in 3 businesss day and when i called again they sad they posted $39. 90 cradit but neither i can see it or not my cradit card company, so they give you boolsit story, such frud. . . Never ever buy anthing from this people online or mail. Or you will have nightmare.

Jo

Comments

• Ki
      25th of Feb, 2009

I never ever placed an order with this company. I have been charged on my credit card TWICE now for something I never ordered! I have never even been to their website and they are claiming it was an internet order. I questioned them about it and they said someone must have stolen my credit card, BUT THE PROACTIVE CHARGE IS THE ONLY ONE!
    How can they get away with this??

• Ne
      10th of Mar, 2009

Read the fine print!! Introduction package is followed by automatic shipments of packages every 2 months! While being away from the country travelling in the rmote places I was surprised to discover that my credit card was charged 6 times and 6 packages were delivered. Cannnot send all of them back, only 2 for last 60 days.

10th of Mar, 2009
    grcproactive - i did not order their product

i did not order this product and they keep sending it to me and charging it on my visa.

• Gr
      24th of Mar, 2009

Proactiv should be sued for their disgusting marketing practices. I was just charged this week for a Proactiv kit that was sent to my house which I did NOT order, want, or have any interest in whatsoever. I have never requested a trial, visited their website or bought any skin products on line. HOW did they get my bank account number? I too called the customer service line and was told that someone must have my information because it 'looks like I ordered it'.
    These practices are more than deceptive, they are morally wrong, totally disgusting and certainly should be illegal. I'm less worried about the 25 bucks than I am about this reprehensible 'business'. This is flat out fraud.
    Does anyone have advice about how to root out how they got my card number?

• Pr
      6th of Jul, 2009

I have been using proactive for about 12 weeks, I first bought it because I have had clear skin my entire life, up until about 4 or five months ago I started getting tiny pimples on my forehead cheeks and blackheads on my chin so when I saw an infomercial I was convinced and ordered it, well here I am 3 months and almost a hundred dollars later, and I now have the worst skin I have ever had in my life, I have large acne sores on my cheeks and chin, my forehead stays oily regularly and my pimples are out of control, so I am discontinuing use and letting everyone out there know that PRO ACTIVE IS A JOKE! IT DOES NOT HELP YOUR SKIN CLEAR UP! IT IS BOGUS AND THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!

• De
      2nd of Aug, 2009

I too have been ripped off by this company. I made the first mistake and through having a family emergany had to dry out my checking account. I figured they wouldnt send the product if money wasnt there to get. It's actually the only thing i have done through the internet and to have it automatically taken out of my checking. I admitt im new at this and am a newly widowed female living on a fixed income for the first time. When i went on line to check my bank account i saw where my account was overdrawn. I borrowed some money, went to the bank, talked to the manager and she was nice and understood. She took off each day that the bank charged me for the $45.85 that wasnt there that Pro Active tried to get and I was all ok with .25 cents left in my bank account because Im honest and i wanted to take care of this mess. Before I went to the bank I called Pro Actives customer service and talked with them explaining it was my mistake and that I did not want them to send that back through again since there was no funds in that accoun and as soon as I got my product i was sending it back anyways. t. I told her that at least 5 times and she assured me each time they only do it once and that after that they just send me a bill through the mail. I even asked to have the Pro Active account closed and she talked me into keeping it since i only have it set for product every 16 weeks. Well I made a big mistake again. 1 week later my account is overdrawn again becuase they lied and sent it back through before i had even recieved my product, and I told that costumer servise rep I had no money in my bank account nor would I for 3 weeks, that did again 1 week later!!! . This is a mess and Im done with them. Im closing my Pro Active Solutions account, Im getting a new bank card with a new acc number that they wont have and lets see if they do this again. This is down right theft. Im sending the product back to them tomorrow too. I can go to Walmart and get just as good stuff for cheaper and not be ripped off Clean & Clear is just as good of a product . After all this is just over a face for some pimples its not worth the hassel. Im tired of companies like this feeling like they can do whatever they want and lie to get it. They lost me as a customer big time and I had been recieving there product for 7 months, and always done right by them before. Im tried of any customer service saying just anything to just get you off the phone. Atleast if the rep would have been honest with me and just said, we cant help it but it will be sent back through, i would have atleast borrowed enough to cover that and they would have there money and I wouldnt be in the hole again..

• De
      2nd of Aug, 2009

I have a solution I just thought of that will back fire on Proactive . Like me they have my banking card number. Im going to change it. They will probably send the product anyway and a bill because i have done alot of research and they still send the product and send a bill in the mail. Take the product, dont open it, take a permenent marker, black out your address and leave theres, and write "return to sender", it will be charged to them...lol but make sure you put it in a postal box, not out of your own mail box going out. Call them and tell them you are recording the conversation like they say they do ( to which they dont unless it benifits themnot us the consumer) and you are cancelling the accont like you had done before but they still keep sending product. IMPORTANT: change your bank card/credit number. Might be a pain but its more of a pain dealing with them. All that happens changing your card number is you get a new one in a week. Problem solved on shady compnay practices. Whats happening to companies when they resort to shady practices to make money. Also report this as well in RIPP-OFF Report.com

• Hr
      12th of Aug, 2009

My daughter tried Proactiv but she broke out worse than without the product. She called to cancel in October and the October shipment was returned with the words CANCEL ACCOUNT written on box in permanent marker(black). In December she received another shipment and money taken from her bank account. Again product was sent back with cancel written on box. She is soldier in US Army and was deployed overseas, canceled the bank account they had on file. She is not due to come stateside before next year, so all mail is sent to my address. In February another shipment arrived and I was late returning it. Now they are turning her over to collection for $48.94 for a shipment they acknowledge they received. But it was late. They want to send more product because she has to pay the $48.94. I tried to explain that if the product causes her to breakout why would she want more of same, but it's like talking to the wall. I would like to know how many soldiers have had the same happen to them. Proactiv Solutions should be ashamed for these practices.
    H Richards

• He
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Proactiv would always automatically charge my account. After stock piling the stuff I told them to delete my account from the system completely. I talked to a supervisor and he assured me that there was no record of me being a proactiv customer any longer. I then moved to a different town. 2 weeks after moving I got a bill for a box of proactiv! Can you believe that? They must have sent something to my old address and when it was returned to sender they forwarded to my new address. They literally hunted me down! Now they claim they are sending the bill to collections and it will effect my credit score! These people are crooks, somebody stop them!

• Od
      28th of Nov, 2009

Proactive need to be specific as to what you are paying for or signing up for. The same thing happened to me: I called to pay a bill for my girlfriend. Two months later I see a bill on my credit card for $45.89. I called and Informed them, even to the point of arguing that no one told me that this payment would be automatically withdrawn from my credit card monthly. I argued to no avail, they did however remove my account. Don't buy from them because everything now a days seems to be a scam. I have a similar issue with verizon but thats neither here nor there. Just watch what you are getting yourself into. Proactive need to have their associates be more specific as to what you are paying for. Anyways I agree they aren't clear and I think its done purposely so that they can commit you to their product.

• Wo
      17th of Dec, 2009

reading all these comments on this page and laughing is all i can do. why is it a companies fault if u dont read the information given to you. its all there i have all the invoices notices everything. if you dont make the effort to check up on these things how is it there fault? yeah there trying to make money like lots o other companies but you guys need to stop blaming a company and take responibility for yourself.

• Wi
      5th of Jan, 2010

I too am very disappointed with this company and why they are allowed to conduct their business in this matter without a class action law suit being filed against them for their business practices is beyond me. I did purchase one of their "specials" for my daughter that was suppose to last for 60 days (againt my better judgement), but we have tried everything and it was a Christmas Present. When we placed our order, the item was listed as "in stock, " and we received the confirmation that it would ship shortly that day. The next day, I receive an e-mail from their auto-generated customer service dept. telling me that the item was "out of stock" and would ship when it was available with no estimated availability date and that I should e-mail them if I had any questions. I immediately e-mailed them back to cancel the order and any future shipments. Guess what? They never responded to my e-mail about cancelling my order and the product had suddenly become available to ship. We received the product on December 24, 2009 with the packing slip and notification that our next shipment would be shipped Jan. 18, 2010. Why would I need a shipment in less than 30 days on a product that is suppose to last 60 days? I have been trying to call the customer service numbers listed since we received our shipment December 24, 2009, and all that I get is an automated answering machine-saying to "please hold" someone will be with me shortly" - no live voices. After reading the other customer complaints, the live voices don't seem to be any better. I think the solution at this point is to call my credt card company to see how I can end this relationship with this company for good.

• Di
      18th of Feb, 2010
    GRC*PROACTIV SOLUTION - Charges I did not authorize
    Diane Drobnick Jones
    PO Box 144
    Bailey
    Colorado
    Phone: 303-838-0740

I have tried to cancel with PROACTIV Solution. I keep getting charged for the product. I have returned the product, unopened twice!!! Extremely frustrating.

• Gr
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Hi Diane,

We're sorry you've had such a frustrating experience! I work for Proactiv and I've forwarded your complaint and contact information (listed above) to our corporate customer service team. Someone will contact you soon to resolve this as quickly as possible. If there's a better way to reach you or if you have any additional questions, please email us at customerservice(at)guthy-renker.com.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

CM (Proactiv USA)

• Cl
      15th of Mar, 2010

I ordered online for 19.95 and received it in the mail with no problem. When I opened the box...the product was like an inch big!! It was a tiny tiny bottle of everything...so the next month I recieved another package in the mail. (after I was told it would re-send every 3 months, not every month) Well this package was HUGE... come to find out they sent me a 3 months supply and tried to charge my credit card 71 dollars. NOWHERE in the fine print did it say they'd be sending me this. When I called in and spoke to a representative she said "well I'm sorry something must have been left out of the fine print, We are trying to save you money in the long run. Send your product back and we'll refund the money" What a scam people! Luckily, my bank sensed it was fraud and immediately stopped them from withdrawling the money. They didn't take a thing, thank god. They tried, but my bank denied them. What a scam! I am so disgusted.

26th of Nov, 2010

i have the same problem too !!!

25th of Apr, 2011

Like the user above I have seen this post to my account and did not authorize it! -- GRC*PROACTIV SOLUTION !

I need this taken care of immediately!
    Thanks

Miguel

• My
      14th of May, 2011

yess i got problem with this Proactiv solution...I want to cancel this account they keep post on my account and i did not authorize...please do cancel it...thank you...MYRNA

• Ke
      11th of Aug, 2011

I have been to victim of not one charge but 3 charges by this unknown company---I clossed my account and they are still comong in, , , , who are these people and how did they get my information>>>>>>>>>>>I never give my CC to any company unless I have checked --rechecked and re-rechecked their credentials...get my money back...total is well over 900 usd now...i CAN NOT DISPUTE THE CHARGES UNTIL THE CREDITOR APPLIES FOR THE FUNDS.WHICH LEAVES A POOR MAN ON SSA NO MONEY FOR 3 WEEKS...

13th of Aug, 2011

I just was charged a payment from these people, too, which I did not authorize. I am 55, and have no skin problems!

• Al
      16th of Aug, 2011

I purchased this package for my son for $19.95 acording to what you can see here. Guess what, it is not $19.95. I ended up being charged $67.48 and it does not end there, I was just charged another $27.94 and they'll charge me $19.95 for the following 2 months to total another $67.48.

• Al
      16th of Aug, 2011

" POS DEBIT GRC*PROACTIV SOLUTION 800-2356050 CA $27.94" (charges I did not authorized)
    I purchased a proactive package for my son for $19.95 acording to the on-line offer. Guess what, it is not $19.95. I ended up being charged $67.48 and it does not end there, I was just charged another $27.94 and they'll charge me $19.95 for the following 2 months to total another $67.48 for a product I don't have and have not ordered. Earlier today my wife called to have it cancelled and she was told it was done. Guess what, I just called and it was not cancelled.

• Bo
      14th of Sep, 2011

Guess what, they don't just overcharge. I just had two $81 charges in one day reported to me by CitiBank and never heard of the company. Sounds like crooks, unless someone else stole my card info then got overcharged by them.

15th of Sep, 2011

I order ProActive for my daughter and was charged $19.95 last month. As soon as I received the order, I called to cancel so that I would not be charged for the next month. Guess what, on September 13th I was charged $34.94 and I called and was told I never canceled the order; however, if you mail the box back we will give you a credit back once we received the box. I asked the rep who is paying for the shipping and she told me I would have to pay for the shipping or refuse the box but if I refuse the box then it would take a while for them to receive it. Well my questions to her was if I refuse the box how would I know you all received it. It's a racket. I told her I was not paying for shipping because I did cancel the order and it was not my fault that you all sent another box. She told me she would send me a return shipping label. Let's see how long this takes and how long it takes for me to get my refund. BE AWARE OF PROACTIVE...I think they use the $19.95 spill to get you in and then keep charging your card. I am now canceling my credit card to be sure I am not charged again. This is very bad business...I will never use PROACTIVE AGAIN...

• Se
      20th of Sep, 2011

Why is it that you are being charged for the GRC*Proactive solution while you did not authorise to be cahrged.please return the money that you have taken from my account and i did not authorise auto charge with you guys.i need this to be taken care as soon as possible plis.

20th of Sep, 2011

Hola:
    Mi consulta es la sigueinte, :
    - Compre el producto el 11 de Agosto 2011, y aún no lo recibo en mi domicilio y ya me cobraron en la tarjeta de crédito mastercard, quiero saber que pasa, o de lo contrario pediré al Banco la Reversa del pago del producto que nunca me llegó.
    el # de la tarjeta es 518850110071...
    mi nombre es MARIA TORRES CANTO .. Y SOY DE CHILE, CHILE.
    Agradeceré que me puedan contactar a mi correo
    [protected]@hotmail.com

23rd of Sep, 2011

I've been trying to cancel for months as well. I'm not filing a complant with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney General.

23rd of Sep, 2011

Sorry. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and IAG. Typo

• Pi
      28th of Sep, 2011

You all are cheats, thats all I can say. Do you consider that some people have no money for food when you deduct $50 or $90 from their accounts. This is such a racket and obviously you have no conscience about it because you have food on your table and are warm in your bed. I hope whichever marketing ### came up with this bankrupts himself (pardon his family god) for having no scruples.

1st of Oct, 2011

I have tried to cancel with PROACTIV Solution on several occasions. They continue to charge for the product. I had the bank reverse the charges, but they still continue to charge for the product. DO NOT EVER GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE STEALING PEOPLE'S MONEY.

• Bl
      15th of Feb, 2012

Money was taken from my account as weel by GRC Proactiv Solution and I didn't even know the existence of this company or whatever. I was informed by Mastercard concerning possible fraude. So I blocked my card immediately and meanwhile I received a new one from Mastercard. I also filled in a fraude formular in order to get the lost money back. Nevertheless this is unbelievable how some companies (which are fully unknown by us) get information about cards and take money from our accounts. There should be a list on the internet of unreliable companies, not that this would have helped in my case, but for general information.

• Fa
      4th of Jul, 2012

i have same problem with this Proactiv solution..i order it two months ago i never got the items and i am charger every month $35 dollars i called them and send a email

• St
      19th of Jul, 2012

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...

• Ru
      24th of Jul, 2012

I see a charge for $24.67 against my debit card for Proactiv - I've NEVER bought anything from them. What's this all about, and how do I get my money back and get them out of my financial affairs?.

10th of Sep, 2012

Me too. You order once for 19.95 then they charge you 3 additional months after that! Of course none of this is explained clearly when you ordered. somewhere in the fine print I am sure they will say that they mention it but I strongly caution anyone else who buys this crap.

• Pe
      19th of Sep, 2012

You charged my MC for proactive $79.95, I did not order this.Please remove off of my card immediately!!!Dillan Penegar

19th of Dec, 2012

I am a 48-year-old male who hasn't used a skin care product since I was a teenager. A charge of "28.41 USD / 27.99" posted on my corporate charge account from "Grc Proactiv Solution 800-8872824, CA" on 12/12/2012 (transaction date 12/11/2012). When I called the company to dispute it, I had to wade through several levels of voice menus before finally getting a real person, and that person wanted me to provide personal information - like my home address and phone number - before helping me. (They already had my credit card number and name; why would they need my home address? To rob me at my home as well?) I decided to let the credit card company handle the dispute rather than give these crooks even more information with which to defraud me.

• Ho
      31st of Dec, 2012

This is the second month in a row that I have been charged for this product which I have never ordered. I am not sure how they got my credit card number because I have never done business with them, for anything. I have notified my credit card company of this bogus charge.

4th of Jan, 2013

My money was taken out of my account without ever even buying the product, without authorizing the order, and without my knowledge. This is stealing in my book and I want my money back in my account NOW!!! and you can pay the charges on the bounced checks due to you taking money out of my account without my PERMISSION...

• Dr
      8th of Jan, 2013

I was charged today at 6:30 a.m. for $24.00 after they try to make the transaction my bank alert me and send me a text message about the issue.
    My bank protect me and stop the transaction on time, the only problem was they cancel my credit card and I have to wait for the new card until tomorrow. No big deal I can wait..
    I see many people are falling on this catch, this are the way hackers get your money easy. They route all that money to a different account than the one named at the invoice. The name its just to disguise the transaction, I think GRC has no relation on this problem more than do nothing about it and don't do something but finally are a big corporate and complaints don't care reason the hackers still working under they shape with good comfort.
    The best you can do its call the bank, cancel the credit card and request for money back (something hard when you have a regular account, banks really don't care about small fishes) but you have to try. Print all this complaints and show to the bank manager.
    God bless you and I hope someone catch this ###!