Max New York Life India / Max New York - Hell on Earth!

India Review updated:
3.55

Hello everybody,

I would like to bring to your notice the issues that i have had with the max new york life insurance company.

I do not know how this company is still in the market despite the pathetic service they offer their customers.

To give you a background, my dad had purchased a policy from them (Whole life plan) around 4 years ago.

Since i became a major, i started paying for the policy myself, anyhow, in 2007 i was unable to make the payment in February as i was not in town and it completely slipped my mind to be honest!, anyhow, in April i realized that i had to make this payment when i received a mail saying that the policy was in a lapsed status.

I went down to their DLF Office in Gurgaon and offered to pay the amount to renew the policy, at this point i spoke to a Mr. Sumit Joshi who gave me his assurances that the policy will be displayed as an active policy in 2 days time, i asked him clearly if he can accept cards as well, to which he readily agreed and made me fill out a form with my Credit card xerox as well (Copy for me)... After this i was assured that a premium receipt would be sent to my email address, which astonishingly never arrived!!, again i completely forgot about it and assumed that all was well, until my tax consultant came onto the scene and asked me to get him the proof of investments, at this juncture, i realized that i had not received the premium receipt from Max, and assuming that all was well, gave them a call to inquire about a receipt, just imagine my shock when i was told that they have never received a payment, and to top it all, the agent was very rude and accused me of lying!!

I told the young lady that i had a copy of the receipt given by Mr. Joshi, she then told me to fax the same to her and gave me a fax number, i went out and tried to fax the document but was told that the fax number was incorrect and hence i called them again from the fax shop, again i was given 2 other fax numbers, tried them as well but nogo.

Now an irate customer called the Max new york line again and this time i demanded that they send someone over to collect the document from me, coz of the number of phone calls and money i was wasting calling them, but this was flatly refused and the agent said something like "We do not even know if you have a document", am i a fool to keep calling you guys and for requesting for someone to come down IF I DO NOT HAVE A DOCUMENT? I AM NOT CRAZY!

Anyways, i was fed up by this time and quietly went home to rest.. After a few days, i again dialed their number and asked to speak to a manager and was put onto a Ritu Yadav, who actually identified that i had come down in Feb to make this payment and also, suddenly, had a record of the transaction as well, i was told that this amount was not debited coz of the fact that the rear of the card xerox was not there!! i would have thought that their customer care rep Mr. Joshi would know all this, but i was told that he does not know anything as he is in the corporate office, anyhow, i was asked to go to their office (Opp.Sahara mall) to make this payment, to which i readily agreed and went ahead and made the payment in cash to thir desk, and here i was told that the policy will be active again in 2 days time, the guy also said that the health declaration that needs to be filled up by my dad and signed is important, but then said that it is not needed (When i told him that dad was in Dehradun), anyways you would have probably though that this was the end of the story, but NO, i again called them to check the status of the Policy and it was STILL IN LAPSE STATUS, i again got fed up and left it for a few days, then called again and was told that they need the health declaration form signed by dad, i got an email and printed the health declaration, made a trip to dehradun, got it signed and submitted it to them... today i called them once more and i am told that the policy is lapsed and they have refunded me the premium by Check!!??? i told them that i havent recd. anything by check and was given the website address http://xpsworld.com/trackdocket.asp and a tracking number: [protected] , when i checked online it said that it was delivered, to my chagrin, i now told the agent that i never received it and frankly i was very happy with the refund rather than continue with their policy, she then told me that she needs to check and will let me know when she finds out where the check is!!!

Im still waiting for her call

My sincere request to all of you is, never ever do business with Max, its not worth the troubles you will have overall

Comments

Gk
  13th of Dec, 2007
Do a google search on this compant and this is what comes up!!!
google says the site is UNSAFE!!

Max New York Life India: Welcome
This site may harm your computer.
You can choose to continue to the site at your own risk. However, please be aware that malicious software is often installed without your knowledge or permission when you visit these sites, and can include programs that delete data on your computer, steal personal information such as passwords and credit card numbers, or alter your search results. For more information on these types of sites, please visit StopBadware.org

If one of these sites downloads malicious software onto your computer, please read our additional information about reporting these sites and removing the software from your system.

If you're the administrator of a site we've identified with this warning message, please visit the instructions found in our Webmaster Help Center.
Mb
  17th of Dec, 2007
I totally agree with you. It is not just the service.
How long have you had the policy? How much penalty did they charge you I am curious to Know. Is it 70 percent? I have a feeling it is.

They seem to think adding routine western telephonic courtseys like please good morning, may I etc is service for India. Just check the policy features. You will probably find like we found that you are just pouring your hard earned money down the toilet. They get to keep all the benefits your money earned and 70 percent of the fully paid up premia minus the first years premium and any other dues. Which adds up to more than 70 percent. Most of the conditions you think you are insuring for and events you are covered for are just illusory.

For example, if you have dreaded disease rider, they will cover you for about 10 years or i think age 60. If you get a disease that is covered, they can still technically ask you to get examined by a doctor of their choice at YOUR expense. Which will mean you end up spending more money.

You are probably better off investing the same money in say Public provident fund.
Ma
  19th of Dec, 2007
That helps...
De
  24th of Sep, 2008
I bought a unit linked policy of max newyork life in feb 2008 from yes bank, jaipur. Till june i didnt received my policy document ...i june i collect it from yes bank, jaipur in June last week. But then i came to know that it was a traditional plan not ulip. It hurted me a lot. I submit my request to free look it on june 25, 2008 in jaipur office . I have the aknowledgement for this. But till today I have not received my hard earn money back. Max people are not giving me the proper response. I am very upset with such a irresponsible behaviour from such a big organisation. Please help me and provide my money back.
Ap
  11th of Dec, 2008
I had a problem with max newyork life when i paid a premium amount towards renewal, they are allocating units with the WRONG NAV (net asset value) so that customer will get less units compare to the original value. now i am struggling with this.
Co
  5th of Mar, 2009
Waste of taking policies with max newyork, for sending the premium reciepts they are taking so much time. People will end up with paying huge amount of tax.

First of all the NAV s are getting lower and lower because of the market slow down, on top of that these people are not sending the reciepts to save tax, this is rediculus and if you call them they say they will send it in few hours...
Its a lesson for me... Never take a policy with Max New York.
Ke
  31st of May, 2013
I agree with Mr.Nataraj.my father and and mother also having the same policy.