Mapfre Insurance / Horrible service

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

We were involved in a rear end accident that was not our fault and called to have the car removed from our policy as it was no longer a usable vehicle.

The first call they asked us to fax a removal form. They said they never recieved it and continued to bill us for the car. So, we faxed it again. When we called to ask why the car was not removed they told us our request was "denied." WTF? How can you deny a request to cancel service? SO they are currently working on the second request and we "might" find out about it soon. I say "might" because in order to get a hold of one of the apes in the office you have to be on hold for at least an hour and are transferred between offices several times.

So, the issue is not resolved and we are still paying insurance on a vehicle that we no longer own!

If you are considering their service THINK HARD about whether saving $20 a month is worth all the stress.

Ma

Comments

29th of Sep, 2011

I just had an independent agent quote me this insurance. Reading your comment makes me think twice. I wasn't happy to get quoted on a name I never heard of - who's heard of Mapfre?? I will take your advice.