Manta.com / Scam

1 Boston, MA, United States Review updated:

Do not list your company on Manta.com!!! It is scam. Once you list your company they will sell your infomation to telemarketers. Manta.com is calling me almost every day and people who can't speak any english keep asking me to "confirm" my business name. I can't get rid from annoying calls from the number [protected] which belong to Manta.com. My life turned into hell after I submittedf my business on Manta.com.

My advice: Stay away from this directory from hell!

Manta.com

Comments

• Da
      1st of Feb, 2011

We had our company profile mislinked within a few days. To a company not located in the US. Yet showing our address - but in a different country (as if that even makes sense). No way to re-claim profile and no way to really resolve on our end. And it takes them a day or more to respond. We're less than 10 people (so far) and we respond faster.
    David@iholdinf.com

8670 ORION PLACE
    Columbus
    Ohio
    MANTA.COM

TRIED TO CANCEL BUT FOR A WEEK NO ONE WILL ANSWER THE PHONE...THEY WON'T ACCEPT E-MAILS...DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE SCAMS

• Na
      20th of Oct, 2013

DO NOT TRUST MANTA. They are a RIP OFF site. We requested 3 times to be removed from their monthly fees and they ignored it. We finally caught it on the 4th month and raised holy hell and they removed us. In the months that we were involved with them...NOT ONE TINY LITTLE BUSINESS LEAD. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM.

• Va
      28th of Jul, 2016
    Manta.com - Misleading information and SCAM
    Texas

Manta.com scam! They give you misleading information about their 30-day trial. I have signed up for listing with 30-day trial and it ended up being a subscription that you CAN’T really cancel!
    Here is the situation: to cancel your subscription you have to call them. This is THE ONLY way to contact them aboucancelon! See the screen shot.
    So far I am still calling - for two days already, each time they put you in a waiting call, and so far nobody has answered me. Honestly after couple of hours of waiting I am getting tired. However, for how many hours a normal person should wait to cancel a subscription? 6, 12?!
    This is a unique way of SCAMMING because theoretically they give you an option to opt-out, but in the reality - nobody ever answers the phone.
    This way of scamming must be prosecuted!

• Va
      28th of Jul, 2016

Yes, and the pop-up window to call them is what you see when you click it.