Manta.com Complaints & Reviews

Manta.comAvoid at any cost guys

Misty Number Three Ltd in Jersey England. I was trying to update my address while I was renewing my NYS driver's license. I thought I was still on a Dept of Motor Vehicles site and they were charging me $24.99 for the address change. I had no idea I was on the Misty site or how I ended up there. I realized I was on the wrong DMV site and since I never confirmed the transaction, I thought I was OK. I still thought I was on the DMV site. When I got my bank statement, there was the $24.99 Misty charge + intl fee. VISA denied my claim.

MantaCares Jul 13, 2012

Hi Lihvoy, I would be more than happy to assist you however, I need some additional information. Please feel free to contact me back.

Manta.comWrong web listing

I designed my own web page. People wanting to view my site would find it listed as a beauty supply. This was done by Manta. I could only change it if I signed on to pay them (Manta) A monthly fee. I did do this not knowing, they never corrected the issue. I asked for a refund but was denied. My company is still listed as a beauty supply because they did it. What gives them the right to do this????? I even paid them to fix it. If you google us it comes up the right way. Yahoo and Bing come up wrong. Manta said they would fix this.

• Ed
        Edito66 Mar 05, 2012

Hi Karen,
        On behalf of Manta, I want to apologize for the poor experience you have had. Manta is a free service, but we do offer an optional premium listing, which it looks like you signed up for. As the previous person mentions, when you update your Manta categories it can take some time for the changes to go live in Google, Bing and Yahoo.

I looked up your account information and I'd like to make sure you feel 100% comfortable with your Manta profile, so I will have one of our Viability Coaches get in touch with you today. You can also reach out to us at [protected]. Select option 2 to be connected with a Visibility Coach.

Thanks,
        Anna with Manta

• Ro
        RoboDoom Mar 03, 2012

Looks like you changed your category to the correct category to me(wedding supplies). I see in google's results list it still says beauty salon, just be patient, it's out of Manta's hands, google needs to recrawl the page. It's not instant, give it time, maybe read about how web crawlers work instead of wasting time filing a complaint on this site.

Manta.com — Total Scam to get my info

I got a bad feeling about MANTA.com, who positions itself as another free online business listing site (like...

Manta.comScam

Do not list your company on Manta.com!!! It is scam. Once you list your company they will sell your infomation to telemarketers. Manta.com is calling me almost every day and people who can't speak any english keep asking me to "confirm" my business name. I can't get rid from annoying calls from the number [protected] which belong to Manta.com. My life turned into hell after I submittedf my business on Manta.com.

My advice: Stay away from this directory from hell!

Scam

• Va
          ValV Jul 28, 2016

Yes, and the pop-up window to call them is what you see when you click it.

• Va
          ValV Jul 28, 2016

Manta.com scam! They give you misleading information about their 30-day trial. I have signed up for listing with 30-day trial and it ended up being a subscription that you CAN’T really cancel!
          Here is the situation: to cancel your subscription you have to call them. This is THE ONLY way to contact them aboucancelon! See the screen shot.
          So far I am still calling - for two days already, each time they put you in a waiting call, and so far nobody has answered me. Honestly after couple of hours of waiting I am getting tired. However, for how many hours a normal person should wait to cancel a subscription? 6, 12?!
          This is a unique way of SCAMMING because theoretically they give you an option to opt-out, but in the reality - nobody ever answers the phone.
          This way of scamming must be prosecuted!

Comments

• Na
          Nauseated Oct 20, 2013

DO NOT TRUST MANTA. They are a RIP OFF site. We requested 3 times to be removed from their monthly fees and they ignored it. We finally caught it on the 4th month and raised holy hell and they removed us. In the months that we were involved with them...NOT ONE TINY LITTLE BUSINESS LEAD. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM.

• Sh
          SHANE SAWYER May 04, 2013

TRIED TO CANCEL BUT FOR A WEEK NO ONE WILL ANSWER THE PHONE...THEY WON'T ACCEPT E-MAILS...DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE SCAMS

• Da
          david40 Feb 01, 2011

We had our company profile mislinked within a few days. To a company not located in the US. Yet showing our address - but in a different country (as if that even makes sense). No way to re-claim profile and no way to really resolve on our end. And it takes them a day or more to respond. We're less than 10 people (so far) and we respond faster.
          [email protected]