Mags for Less / Its a scam, no mags, no refund!

I ordered magazine from this company 2 months ago. I still have no magazine, the assistance or help tickets on website don't work. There is no email to respond to no way of getting any help or refund. This site is NO GOOD! Do NOT order from these people. You will only lose your money!

Comments

Jo
  11th of Jun, 2007

I had been using Mags For Less since 2005 - but no longer!!!. I renewed three magazine subscriptions on Jan 6th 2007 (my account was charged Jan7th) and six months later NO MAGAZINES!!! After about a half a dozen e-mails I had a reply about 2 months ago saying there was a problem with their system but my order would now start (as I chose this option rather than refund) - but a week ago they have said I did not pay - I did in Jan 07 and my credit card was charged. For some reason my new 07 order does not show in their "my account" section which leads to believe they are now onto some sort of scam (my 05 and 06 orders are there and were fulfilled) by luring people for a couple of years to increase their subscriptions and encourage friends to use. I am not sure what their story is but BUYER BE AWARE - BE VERY, VERY AWARE AND STAY CLEAR!!!

La
  19th of Jun, 2007

I ordered the magazine Reason several months ago... I have not received anything from Mags for Less.

Caveat Emptor

Ju
  22nd of Jun, 2007

Do not buy from this company! I have never received my magazines. I ordered over two months ago and was charged, but they have no record of my order and no way of contacting them. It's a scam!

Gh
  24th of Jun, 2007

I agree. I renewed back in November 2006 and have never received my subscription. E-mail inquiries have gone unanswered. My credit card was charged and my request to Mags for Less for a credit went unanswered.

Co
  4th of Jul, 2007

I ordered $56.85 worth of magazines in January and never received any of them. Then asked for a refund and never got that. A good lesson. What crooks!

Ch
  4th of Jul, 2007

I ordered in Dec 06 and never received magazine. This company is slow to answer emails... if they even answer at all. Say system is down and mag will come. Thanks to everyone for the reviews, now I know I must watch credit card so they don't charge it again. Live and learn. I'll never order from a company without looking for reviews first.

Ca
  14th of Jul, 2007

I ordered several magazines from this company 5 months ago, still have not received ONE! I have e-mailed them SEVERAL times to get the situation worked out, but to to response! I am filing fraud charges with the attorney general. BEWARE... DO NOT give them your hard earned money!

Fr
  7th of Sep, 2007

ORDERED, COMPLAINED, NO MAGAZINES, NO REFUND - DUH!! I think they got me too!!!

Tr
  12th of Sep, 2007

Order magazine 6 months ago. After 3 months of waiting finally got a response via email that there was a problem with their system and my order would be reprocessed. Still nothing - either this is a scam or the company is run piss poor.

St
  18th of Oct, 2007

I too ordered a Rolling Stone subscription and got nothing. The customer service contact tried to appease me by offering another magazine subscription at half off! I'm sure that would have also been a further scam. This organization is robbing people of money and they also are using and have access to our credit card numbers. How can they get away with this!!?

Su
  28th of Oct, 2007
Mags for Less - No Magazines, No refund

Despite 5 or more attempts to get this company to respond, they have not. I ordered magazines 7 months ago. I got one appeasing e mail after I complained stating " We see the problem with the order. we will resubmit it and you should receive your subscriptions in 2 to 12 weeks ( another 4 months to wait like a chump). No magazines. I have been ripped off. No refund though I have requested it twice.

Ju
  23rd of Nov, 2007

I ordered a magazine subscription and never received any. Never received a response to my complaint tickets from the website. No phone number to contact anyone. Do not order!

Da
  1st of Dec, 2007

I also do not recommend Mag for Less. I never received one subscription (1 year later) and only several issues of the other subscription. There basically is no customer service. There is a phone messaging service, but no one follows up. Save your money and order directly from the publisher.
David

Ro
Mags for Less - Order not received
Mags For Less

I ordered a mag from them in Dec 06 and have never received it. I have contacted them numerous times and even spoken with someone once and not mag yet. They won't refund my money because my expiration date on my c/c has changed and they can't process it. They won't evn send me a check "that is not their business practice to issue a refund check but to credit your card." I have contacted an attorney about this and he states I have have a class action lawsuit due to the number of complaint about this deceiptive practice.

Ma
  4th of Dec, 2007
Mags for Less - Mags for less is a rip off company beware!
5434 D. Roundtree Ct.
California
Maryland
Phone: 925-212-6244

Do not purchase from mags for less! I ordered magazines july 2007 and i still have not received anything as of yet! I wrote 3 letters and have not gotten any response! This company is a total rip off and is a big scam! Beware do not order from this company!!!

Ma
  4th of Dec, 2007

Omit the phone number and address. This is not the MAGS FOR LESS INFORMATION.

Re
  11th of Dec, 2007

DO NOT BUY MAGAZINES FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY DO NOT DELIVER - THEY DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE - THEY ONLY TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!

23rd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. He is operating several SCAM magazine subscription services from a NY address.

Please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office online at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
41 W 72nd Street, 10G
888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

23rd of Dec, 2007

I was also ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. He is operating several SCAM magazine subscription services from a NY address.

Joel Simkhai
41 W 72nd Street, 10G
888-720-6298

This following is the correct information for Mags For Less:

Principal: Joel Simkhai
Address: 41 W 72nd Street, 10G
Phone: 888-720-6298

It only takes about 10 minutes. While there is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.