Mags for LessOrdered magazine, never received any!

C

On July 6, 2006, I ordered a one year subscription to People Magazine. I received a confirmation email for the order and seven months later, no magazine. I have sent numerous emails and received numerous excuses as to why the magazine hasn't come but is definitely on its way. I even requested a refund and was promised that it would be posted back to my credit card within 4-5 days. That was several weeks ago and still no refund. I have come to the conclusion that this company is a fraud and has no intentions of delivering its merchandise at a discount to anyone. It's just too bad you don't know about these problems before placing your orders.

More Mags for Less Complaints & Reviews

• Ci
    Cindy N. Mar 08, 2007

Ordered a 5-yr subscription to Harpers Bazaar and a 5-yr renewal to Marie Claire on July 25, 2006. Still no magazine and repeated emails to their "customer service" dept have all been unanswered. So frustrating.

• Do
    Don Bruner Mar 16, 2007

Ordered two 3-yr subscriptions, Aug. 21, 2006, to Readers Digest with MagsForLess using PayPal.

Readers Digest has no record of the subscriptions. PayPal requires a dispute of charges within 45 days of placing the order, and MagsForLess does not respond to repeated emails or phone calls.

Maureen Tencza Apr 01, 2007

I ordered two subscriptions of teen magazines for my granddaughter for Christmas. She has not received either. I have written numerous e-mails and have not received a response. I have come to the conclusion my money is gone and my granddaughters gift is no more.

• Pw
    P Wilbert Apr 08, 2007

I ordered two subscriptions in February. I tried to go back to reconfirm order, no such order found. Their customer service is slow to respond and I am feeling that my husband's valentine gift is no gift at all but a rip off!!!

• Sm
    SMoore Apr 14, 2007

I ordered 4 magazine subscriptions for xmas and have not received them at all.

• Tr
    Trey Morales Apr 16, 2007

It will be one year on April 24th and still haven't received my magazine. I have tried several times to contact customer service but have received no response.

• Pc
    P Chester Apr 18, 2007

Mags for less is a scam. They know that paypal will not give refunds after 45 days, so there is no incentive for them to fill orders quickly or to resolve with problems with orders paid thru paypal. DON"T TRUST THEM.

• Ta
    Tammy Liggett May 17, 2007

I like so many others have never received my magazine subscriptions. I spent close to $100 for magazines that I will probably never receive. Too many people are being scammed by this company and something needs to be done. Thanks to all of those involved in this scam for taking our hard earned money. I dont know how you people sleep at night.

Sincerely,
    Another pissed off X customer

• So
    Sock it To Them May 21, 2007

Here's how I got back $1200 for merchandise I never received. After months of phone calls and threats, I went to the property records of that company's location. Found out who owned the property. It was also the owner of the business. I sent him a registered letter and told him that if I did not receive my refund (on credit card) I would file a lien on his property for the debt at his local court house. That go his attention, and I had my money back. IF that doesn't work, try to find a name of an officer of the company and his home address. Do the same thing. File a lien. It cost only a few dollars. They can't refinance or sell the property until the lien is paid off. Works great.

• Na
    Nancy Robbins May 30, 2007

I ordered two magazines in January of 2007. I have received no response to my repeated inquires as to where the magazines are. I paid with my Discover bill and never received products. How do they continue to get away with this scam. Isn't there anyone who can stop them. They are frauds.

• Cl
    clive bravo Jun 15, 2007

Ordered Car and Driver August 31 2006... No mags, No refunds... Useless emails promising refunds.

• Ka
    karen stavish Jun 21, 2007

I ordered a magazine in September of 2006 never received magazine and was promised a refund to my account I got neither just excuse after excuse via email now they won't even return my email at all. It's all a scam and I'm pissed.

Janice Mullins Jul 12, 2007

My order for the magsforless.com was in 04/30/07. Today's date, 07/09/07. I have tried their online ticket customer service form... too many times to count... My order was paid by debit... on the same day of order... Called the phone number... mailbox full... I should have know it was too good to be true... with those prices... Thanks for the Complaint board... I feel much better now... Have a Great Day... And BEWARE OF LOW MAGAZINES SUBSCRIPTION WEB SITES... MADE IN FLORIDA.

• St
    stattad Nov 07, 2007

You should have put your CC bill in contest. Unfortunately I paid with a check.

• N
    N Nov 10, 2007

I never received my orders, after 6 months of frustration tried to get a refund, still no refund!!!

• Pa
    Paul Cornuaud Nov 17, 2007

I ordered 3 subscriptions in June and in November still no magazines. They kept promising they were on their way, and the problem has been "fixed", but no magazines. I finally asked for a refund and still no refund. They are scammers, don't use them.

Jeff Chen Nov 29, 2007

The company took my money, but never delivered the 3 magazines. It is a ripoff! No telephone number to call and no address.

Jose Nov 30, 2007

I, like many others, have been given the run around. The subscriptions have been paid for, and many promises have been made to fulfill the order, but nothing has come to fruition. I paid with a credti card, and they are trying to get me a refund.

marc adrian Nov 30, 2007

Also ordered 8/29/07 . No way to reach them, web site keeps dropping me. Because of the lead time they tell you, by the time you have figured out you've been scammed, it's too late to do anything.

• Ju
    julie yuhas Dec 05, 2007

I first ordered magazines july 14--no delivery came. Placed my order second time aug 3 -- bank statement shows 28.59 for 3 magazines--not rec'd.

Cheryl Foley Dec 21, 2007

I ordered 3 gift subscriptions and none were received. I contacted company and requested a refund. Never heard back.

Jenny L Dec 22, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. You may be able to get your money refunded if you file a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office.

Jenny L Dec 23, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. Do not fall for any of their "customer service" agents' emails. They will string you along just long enough so that you cannot initiate a charge back on your credit card.

Please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office. File an online complaint at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing a complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

You may also want to consider filing complaints with the FBI's internet fraud division at: www.ic3.gov

Jenny L Dec 23, 2007

If you are unable or do not want to file a lien, please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office online at:

Principal: Joel Simkhai
    Address: 41 W 72nd Street, 10G, New York, NY 10023
    Phone: 888-720-6298

It only takes about 10 minutes. While there is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

• Le
    Lewis Williams Mar 27, 2008

I have made REPEATED ATTEMPTS to contact MAGSONTHENET.COM, (Mags for Less) through their customer service, website, by e-mail and by phone, to no avail, and HAVE RECEIVED NO MERCHANDISE FROM THEM and they refuse to contact me after 11 weeks.
    I have complained to the Better Business Bureau.

Jennifer Apr 29, 2008

BEWARE: Mags for Less NOT RELIABLE. Ordered subsription over a year ago making monthly followups because subsription never received. Almost a year later, they say the mag was discontinued so I asked for a comparable subscription to be sent - "customer service" replied they would refund my money but not offer to send a different subsription.

• Ho
    holly Jul 01, 2008

I ordered my father a magazine for Christmas. 6 Months later I have still NOT RECEIVED IT!!! I wrote to customer service stating the problem and they assured me I would receive it in 3-6 weeks. I wrote them AGAIN after 2 months and now they say the magazine is no longer available. How nice!

• Ls
    L. Starr Jan 16, 2009

I ordered a magazine for my daughter's birthday gift.(Jan, '08)
    They charged my credit card and no magazine.
    I did contact them. (June'08) they stated it was on the way...
    No Magazine and no more response...
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE LIARS, STEALERS...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices