MagicJack / scam, scam, scam

[protected], [protected] THESE ARE THE ONLY NUMBERS I WAS ABLE TO TALK TO SOMEONE. JUST IGNORE WHEN IT SAYS YOU HAVE REACHED THEM AFTER HOURS AND IT WILL RING. THIS IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. WHAT PART OF THIS COMPANY IS NOT A FRAUD? I HAVE TALKED TO THEM THROUGH THE LIVE CHAT AND ON THE PHONE. THEY CHARGED MY CARD THE SECOND I HIT SUBMIT. NOT 30 DAYS LATER. . [protected], [protected] YOU WILL HAVE ALOT OF FUN TALKING TO THEM.

Mi

Comments

Pa
  1st of Jul, 2009

My magic Jack does not work! I spent 2 hours on the phone from tech to tech asking me to do the same thing. the forth tech promised to fix the problem!! No more chances, no more time to spend on the product, I went to the store to exchange the product for my defective JACK...same problem, laggs my computer...cant always dial out or receive calls... CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TRAINED NOT TO HELP! This is the biggest rip off ever! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Cl
  5th of Jul, 2009

Is the cord going from the back of the Magic Jack to your phone over 6 feet long?
If so, it can't be. I had similar issues, until I installed a shorter cord.

Mi
  2nd of Oct, 2009

I THINK THAT SOME OF YOU GUYS WILL FIND THIS ONLINE CHAT CONVO WITH 2 MAGIC JACK REPS KINDA HELPFULL. I look at this as a stepping stone to understanding if they are a scam or not and i do beleive in some form they scam

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Heather'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK419080521516X

Heather: Hello, how may I help you?

Micheal: Hi heather how are you

Micheal: ok i need to know something about the trial offer of magic jack

Heather: I'm fine. Thank you.

Heather: May I know the specific issue on your magicjack, please?

Micheal: i realize that at the trial page it ask for my credit card now how much is charged to my card for the trial

Heather: Please provide me the sales order number.

Micheal: i dont have one because i havent done it yet i just need to know how much will be charged to my card for the trial

Heather: The magicjack device on trial is $39.95.

Heather: Plus the shipment of $6.95 for standard.

Micheal: how is that possible the trial page says Use our Phone Service free for 30 days, make all the free calls you please. 100% Risk FREE - you pay nothing. (Hurry, less than 10, 000 magicJacks are eligible to be shipped for the Free Trial Offer Today, Friday, October 2, 2009. This offer is not available in stores and will expire.)

Heather: Due to the nature of the Free Trial Offer, this Free Trial is only available for Credit Card users. If you use a Debit Card, your Card will be charged right away, but you will still receive our 30 Day - no questions asked - Money Back Guarantee

Micheal: oh so its a lie that means that you guys are lieing to us on your website when it says and i quoate PAY NOTHING FOR 30 DAYS

Heather: The amount will be held for 30 days and will be properly charged after that period.

Micheal: NO MATTER HOW U PUT IT ITS STILL CHARGING MY CARD THE FULL AMOUNT WETHER ITS A AUTHERIZATION OR NOT

Heather: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Christy'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK419080521516X

Christy: Hi this is Christy

Christy: I will be assisting you.

Christy: Please hold and let me check your previous chat. Thank you

Christy: Thank you for holding.

Christy: Michael magicjack has 30 days trial. The amount will be temporarily hold and will be charge after 30 days trial.

Micheal: i fully understand that but what your telling me very much differ from what is quated on your website

Christy: That is the nature of online purchase Michael, your card wil not be charge with 30 days. If you do not like teh product you can return it within 30 dasy and the amount that was hold will be release.

Micheal: then that should be placed on the website not some fine tuned pitch to make people beleive something thats not completely true

Micheal: people need to know that money will be held for 30 days instead you tell us its completely free for 30 days

Micheal: also why is there no contact number for you guys

Micheal: your selling phones yet you have no number

Christy: We use Tech Chat to better assist you. By using Tech Chat, we can send you instant upgrade links and run several diagnostic tests, that cannot be done over the telephone. We are also able to see where you are located, what OS and Internet browser you are using. Lastly we can see that your Internet connection is working too.This will provide the best Customer care experience and keep you most satisfied.

Christy: You can place an order throgh our site www.magicjack.com

Micheal: hun u need to have a phone system as well not everyone like talking on the computer to someone thats gonna take thier money

Christy: I believed that your concern will be available in the near future in no time.

Mt
  3rd of May, 2011

Here is my conversation too:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Lloyd'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436020479331X
Lloyd: Hello, how may I help you?
Erin: hey...I just ordered a magic jack on my credit card but got charged even though yall are doing a free trial and just wanted to know why I got charged
Lloyd: I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me assist you with that.
Erin: ok thank you
Lloyd: May I know if you are using a debit or credit card?
Erin: credit
Lloyd: May I have the first 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card that was charged please?
Erin: 4447 5145
Lloyd: Thank you for the information.
Lloyd: Please wait while I check that for you
Erin: and I got charged yesterday even after I canceled the order right after I did it because I didnt know you had to use a credit card instead of a debit card so now Ive been charged 2 times...not really happy with Magic Jack right now...I didnt even place the order yesterday, I mean I never pushed the submit order button
Lloyd: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Riona'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436020479331X
Erin: I came back to my computer and it was submitted
Riona: Hi, this is Supervisor Riona and I will be assisting you for today. Please let me read your past conversation with the other agent. Thank you so much!
Riona: Please disregard above
Erin: ok
Riona: Thanks
Erin: um...hello?
Riona: One moment please...
Riona: Only Order Number: DT05129322 for Order Date: 05/02/2011 for One magicjack has been found here associated with your email address. Erin, This order has already been canceled from our end.
Erin: OMG Ive been charged 2 times
Riona: Have you placed any other order Ervin?
Erin: 5/2/2011 12:16 PM VISA Check POS Debit $48.82 MAGICJACK-COM PHONE 561-594-2140 FL 5/2/2011 12:16 PM VISA Check POS Debit $1.00 MAGICJACK-COM PHONE 561-594-2140 FL
Erin: yes
Riona: May I know when you tried to place second order?
Erin: 5/3/2011 003432 MAGICJACK-COM PHONE 561-594-2140, FL $1.00 5/3/2011 003542 MAGICJACK-COM PHONE 561-594-2140, FL $48.82
Riona: Please wait while I check that for you
Erin: the first one was with the debit card the second one was with the credit card...I dont know the order number because I still havent gotten an email
Riona: May I have the first 4 and last 4 digits of your cards?
Erin: debit card is 4327 6406 the credit card is 4447 5145
Riona: Please wait while I check that for you
Riona: May I have your full name which you use on your cards?
Erin: Debit card its Erin B Gaines credit card is Erin Gaines
Erin: thank you
Riona: You are welcome
Riona: Only Order Number: DT05129322 for Order Date: 05/02/2011 for One magicjack has been found here associated with your email address and Credit Card 4327 **** **** 6406. Erin, This order has already been canceled from our end.
Erin: ok then why did I get charged on my credit card too
Erin: Im like really upset with Magic Jack
Riona: One moment please...
Riona: May I know how much amount you have got charged on your credit card?
Erin: $48.81 + $1.00 for tax I guess?
Riona: As I have checked here. I have not found any other order on your card. Please try to contact your card company for second charges.
Erin: OMG this is ###
Riona: I do apologize Erin, But it is not showing any other order on your card.
Erin: I mean what am I supposed to say to my credit card people?...that I got scammed by Magic Jack?...thats gonna look really good
Riona: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Erin: ok
Riona: Erin, I have checked it out very well from our end. We have not found any second order on your card.
Erin: try this number DT05132128
Erin: did you find it?
Riona: One moment please...
Riona: Thanks for information. Order Number: DT05132128 for Order Date: 05/03/2011 for one magicjack device has been found here.
Riona: Subtotal: $39.95
Riona: Shipping: $10.90
Riona: Taxes: $2.44
Riona: Total: $53.29
Riona: Adj'd Total: $53.29
Riona: Tax Rate ID: US - 4.8% REGULATORY FEE
Riona: Tax Rate: 0.048
Erin: ok so when am I going to get my money back on my debit card? and why doesnt it tell you to use a credit card NOT a debit card online when getting the free trial?
Riona: Please allow me to inform you that if customer pays with a debit card, we automatically get the money since we cannot put a hold status for such transactions. However, even if we got them billed, we will still keep that bill as hold or pending on our end. If the customer decides not to continue with magicJack and they are still under the 30-day trial period, then we will give back the charge as a "refund".
Riona: Do you want to cancel this order also?
Riona: no payment were applied to Order Number: DT05129322
Erin: I was talking about the one I canceled
Riona: Yes, The DT05129322 is the order number of canceled one.
Erin: why doesnt it tell you that in order to get the "Free Trial" you MUST use a credit card, NOT a debit card?
Erin: ok so when am I going to get my money back from that?
Riona: As I have mentioned above this order already has been canceled and no payments were applied for this order. It means you have not charged for this order.
Erin: This seriously must be a nightmare and Im going to wake up any minute now
Erin: but I did get charged
Erin: so far I have spent $100 on Magic Jack and yall dont have it together
Erin: Im just completely dumbfounded
Riona: Erin, Please try to understand you have not charged for Order Number: DT05129322
Riona: If you want then you can ask it from your card company.
Erin: OMG yes I have...I showed it to you but I will show you again...
Erin: ask them what?
Erin: yall are the ones that took it out
Erin: This is completely insane...Im really surprised Magic Jack is still a company
Riona: Please CLICK HERE and fill out the form. Make sure that you enter the correct information for us to be able to handle this as quickly as possible.
Riona: Please click on above fill the form.
Erin: ok...what kind of form?
Riona: If your money has not refunded from your bank then please click on above link and fill the form we will send the details to your bank and you will be refunded as soon as possible.