Magellan GPS / Piece of crap

1 United States

I've had a RoadMate 860T for nearly 2 years now and have been UNHAPPY with it since the day it was bought!!! When I first called Magellan 2 years ago (by the way, the unit cost me $499!!!) they told me the update map info was already a few years old and then next one wasn't coming out until 2008/09. This $500 unit was filled with POI's that had been out of business for years and didn't recognize businesses that had opened years earlier!!! THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS!!! The response was that "my model" didn't always have the most POI's!!! What a crock of ***! A $500 model isn't an upgraded unit??? Of course they told me that if I put in specific addresses that the unit could get me there... Can't I get that on mapquest for FREE!!! Save your money... Magellan is garbage and their "customer service" is typical lip service!!!

What's gotten me off after 2 years is that I was tired on NEVER finding places I was looking for, I decided to call and check on "the update"... well... "For just $79.99" I could get the updated map! Oh yeah... they STILL couldn't tell me if there would be much of a difference in POI's... Take a dump in your car and map it with a stick and you'd be more satisfied than using this piece of crap.

Tt