Lulu.com / Bad customer service

I purchased the ebook conversion service through Lulu.com and the agreement was that they would have my ebook converted in 6 weeks. After 6 wks I began to ask about the status because I had heard nothing from them. I was shuffled around from one rep to the other, each telling me something different. My ebook was simple text with one picture. They made 38 mistakes and said they were my mistakes. I proofread my ebook project 7 times before I downloaded it to their website. They have outsourced their work to people in India who they won't let you talk to by phone because you can't understand what they're saying and now my ebook is into week 9 and is still not ready. I am furious. I will never do business with Lulu again. I want my money back. And I want the consumer to know that at Lulu.com they don't care whether you are happy or not. At Lulu, the customer is never right. My ebook was a holiday cookbook. It is Nov. 23 and it is too late to get it out there for the Thanksgiving holiday. They have cost me revenue and if I can keep others from losing their money with Lulu.com, that's what I want to do. Don't put your book projects through Lulu.

Kl

Comments

• Ji
      6th of Apr, 2011

Working with Lulu.com has easily been the single-most aggravating online experience I have ever had to endure. What I expected to be an enjoyable and rewarding has turned into an endless cycle of emails and unfulfilled promises that started in late-January 2011 and continues as of April 5, 2011 with no end in sight. From an unfriendly website, to unfulfilled requests for a consultant to contact me, to emails telling me that something is wrong with my submission, without actually telling me what is wrong, to being passed from one person to the next, working with Lulu has been one disappointment after another after another. My most-current problem, as alluded to above, is an issue Lulu has with the sub-title to my book. Lulu, however, won’t actually tell me what the problem is. Representatives simply point me to a long list of possible problems and tell to figure out the problem myself. This is the case after I have spent one-thousand dollars trying to get both a book and an ebook published. I cannot begin to describe my frustration with this company and their services. I implore anybody looking to self-publish a book to avoid the mistake I made and use another company. Despite one email after another telling me that my ebook has been published, it has yet to be published. I entered into what turned out to be a maze and cannot find my way out. Please do not use Facebook. Jim Riggins, The Accidental Conservative.