Losethebackpain.com / I have been charged $19.95 every month without my authorization

United States Review updated:

I bought a book about a new technique for eliminating back pain. I charged the book on my credit card. I realized (3 months later) that I have been charged every month $19.95. When I called the company, they told me I checked the box for a free newsletter.

Which I am sure I did not check any box, as I never do as a matter of fact. The free newsletter being free only the first month, then they charge you a whopping $19.95/month automatically. That information they claim is there, but I know that I am extremely careful with these things, and I did not see that information anywhere (since I did not click for any options).

They said they would reimburse me for the current month, but not for the previous two. I insisted but they refused. This is clearly a scam. I never requested a newsletter, and certainly not at $19.95/month. They need to be stopped. And by the way, I never received any newsletter.

Li

Comments

• Lo
      Mar 20, 2012

I think that losethebackpain.com is a scam. I sent for the free book knowing that I was automatically signed up for a 30-day trial subscription to their newsletter. I emailed the company after about 25 days via their website to cancel. I was unsure enough of their website method that I phoned their 800 number the next week and I was assured by the CSR that I had Indeed cancelled the subscription. Imagine my surprise when I received the March newsletter in the 2nd week of March. I emailed the company again and got a response the next day assuring me that my subscription was cancelled Feb. 21st and that I owed nothing. Imagine my surprise the next week when my credit card bill showed a $19.95 charge for the March subscription. I used the live chat feature on the website and was assured that the matter could be cleared up by customer service at the 800 number. "Heather", a CSR at the 800 number, stated that their records showed I cancelled on Feb. 21 via phone. I explained that I had cancelled a week before via their website, but "Heather" said I could not cancel on their website, that I could only cancel by phone. Needless to say, these crooks say I still owe $19.95. WHAT A SHAM. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS. WHY CAN'T THESE EMAIL OFFERS BE LEGIT, HONEST?