London School Of Business & Finance / refund request - poor service

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I signed up at LSBF to do my ACCA and the service was good, everything was sorted out very quick and enrolment was done immediately.

ONCE payment had been carried out, that was it. That is where the service stopped.

I hardly managed to get answers to my questions or emails. I finally decided ACCA was not for me and asked for a refund, i submitted my refund application 3 months ago, and according to LSBF website it takes 45 days to process. This is already a huge time span for a simple request, but still i was patient and waited. It has been way over that time period and i have still not heard from them. I have emailed repeatedly, called regularly, left messages daily. BUT no response.

Am currently in talks in regards to taking legal action against them.

Would suggest people find other places to do ACCA, as i am not the only one who has had problems with LSBF but the majority of students have.

Hiren

Hi
Mar 14, 2013

Comments

• Ti
      22nd of Mar, 2013

Hello Hiren,
    I am almost in the same situation, but I started the ACCA and decided it was not for me. They've answered my request for refund saying it was denied. I am thinking about taking them to court. See their answer:
    The committee has reviewed your refund application. In the instance where a deposit amount was made, as per the terms and conditions deposits are deemed non-refundable.

As per the terms and conditions, each refund application must be made more than 15 days before the course start date.
    “All applications for a refund must be made at least 15 days prior the published course start date and are subject to an administration charge of £150 (plus any courier and transfer charges). It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that compliance with the notification guidelines is possible prior to making an application. In circumstances when notification under this clause will be impossible, an application by the student forms a waiver of the rights under this clause”.

After reviewing your case specifically, your refund application was made on 22/01/2013 and your course commencement date was 07/11/2011. As your refund application was made less than 15 days before the course start date, the refund committee reached the decision to reject your refund application. No refund is due.

However, as a gesture of good will we would like to offer you the option of;
    1. Defer your course to the next intake (subject to availability)
    2. Apply for an online course of your choice (subject to availability)

Our InterActive Platform offers state-of-the-art online studio quality video lectures accessible anywhere anytime delivered by the UK’s top tutor teams. Customised study materials, tutor support as well as live broadcasted classroom sessions truly emphasise the InterActive Platform as the next generation of teaching.

Study at your own pace and in your own time with a programme flexible to meet your needs. Seek all the advantages of traditional classroom teaching but in the comfort of your own home.
    Visit the following site for more information: http://studyinteractive.org
    Should you decide to accept a course via InterActive we are able to offer you a credit note against the fees you have paid to study on campus, including non-refundable deposits.

Please find attached the transfer procedure and submit a transfer ticket in case you agree to take up the option to study online with LSBF.

A member of the staff will then assist you accordingly.
    All future commentaries with regard to the status of your application will be conducted via this designated ticket within the system. Staffs are not available on-site or via the telephone to deal with your queries thus any further related queries should be commented in this ticket only.

If you wish to appeal the decision or accept any of the options offered please email [protected]@lsbf.org.uk. Please note that a response either confirming the option you wish to take or an appeal must be made within 14 days of the initial decision or the options will be withdrawn.

Regards,

Student Fees Committee

I don not wish to continue with them and I think anyone who studied with them for a month would give up completely.

15th of Apr, 2013

Hi guys,
    I am in the same situation that you, I paid a deposit of £3000 pounds and I asked for my refund and they said that they are going to pay me in 45 days, I am waiting 6 months for it. Maybe we 3 can go to court together or call the media.
    Please contact me 07447021210
    Maria

15th of Apr, 2013

Hi Guys! I am in the same situation like you, today I was in LSBF and I talked wit Oliur Talukder and he said you have to wait for your refund and started to laughing!!! I can't believe it. Guys! We can go there all together and stand outside the uni and call the media, and I think if we do once they are going to pay us.

We can meet to coordinate

Maria

• Gi
      9th of May, 2013

i had applied for the same course cima glyndwr.They gave me offer letter on 26th march.My visa was expiring on 12th.They didnt gave me cas letter for that course they told me that glyndwr is not satisfied with my application so they are not going to me give cas from glyndwr but however they said they can offer me lsbf cas letter.I told them i need my £3000 deposit back.My advisor told me as it will take 3/4 weeks but i will definetly get it coz it wasnt my fault they coudnt manage to get me cas from glyndwr university.they did issued me offer letter than what was the problem.i have seen hundreds of students who didnt got cas letter like me and offered lsbf cas.some of them took lsbf cas and some of them went to some other uni.Then they told me, for refund u have to apply for ticket and i did.After waiting 3 weeks they canceled my refund saying all the deposit paid is non refundable as it is metioned in their terms and conditions.so u r not going get even a single penny back but however u can take online course.
    So right now i am planing to go for legal fight.Our money is our blood and they are sucking our blood.Our parents work really hard to pay for our education and this kind professional thiefs are stealing our money like that.its not gonna happen.

• Be
      18th of May, 2013

AGAIN, Can I get a further update on my fee refund? I see my ticket history has been cleared and the 45 working days I was instructed on is now up. When will the money be transferred into my account?

• Be
      18th of May, 2013

It's funny how quickly the fees were taken but the school finds it so very difficult to give refunds!

• Fu
      11th of Jun, 2013

Respected Sir,
    My name is Furqan . I have to inform you that LSBF is getting very bad repute now a days and high complaints from people.
    I am from Pakistan and wanted to inform you that regional office in Lahore is worst office and unprofessional.I recently applied for my study visa for UK with full advance deposits. After refusal I was black mailed and irritated. Consultants named Fahad Saleem and Ibraar both didn't responded to my call and even didn't replied to my mail. After many days of repeated visits I was not allowed to meet anyone . Once I met Ibrar and he just asked me that he is leaving for one month and give the drafts after his arrival and rushed to car.
    I was shocked about the process and unprofessional attitude. After all after I became angry and then I was being zig zaged about procedures. I came to know that every person was involved.
    I asked them about their intention and came to know about demand for money against 6000 pounds. At last I gave them 300 pounds and 20000 PKR to with draw my drafts.
    Atlas I was free after struggle of many days. Thanks to LSBF for your professional and well reputed HELL.
    If this is your professionalism then by the will of God your institutes will be finished soon.
    I am going to ask you what is the cost of my tension? My struggle? My unhappiness ? My stress? Can lsbf recover my loss other than money?
    Your institute is against Code of Ethics and professionalism .It is against human rights .See beyond your power and you will realise God watching all of you and waiting for the day of judgment.
    Kindly take strict actions.
    Furqan

• Ss
      26th of Jun, 2013

Hi Guys

this college is a fraud college it duped me as well lets all go together and file a case against this college and report to media as well .plz contact me on :george 07574647647

• Sc
      22nd of Jul, 2013

I am in the same unfortunate situation as all of you. Have been waiting for my refund for a few months. I am considering flying to London on Thursday and suggest everybody who are in the same situation (and in London) meet up outside campus (48 Carey Street) at 14:00 on Friday. Please reply asap.

Regards,
    Simon

• Br
      4th of Feb, 2014

I am in the same situation. I paid a deposit, the cancelled the course from their side and would not give me my money and they even stopped replying to my emails.

• Ls
      19th of Sep, 2014

Hello everyone,

We understand that this is an older thread and that the issues highlighted here are likely to be resolve by now. Despite that, we would like to remind you that if we are always open for questions and willing to solve and address any issues highlighted to us as soon as possible.

If you have any remaining questions or issues, please feel free to send us a private message or send us an email to [protected]@lsbf.org.uk (always quoting your student number) and we will highlight it to the relevant team and endeavour to get the matter resolved as soon as possible.

In case you are unhappy with any aspect of our services, we encourage you to let us know. There are feedback procedures in place for current and prospective students. Both involve informal and formal stages - as well as the option to appeal for current students. All complaints are confidential and will be resolved as quickly as possible.

To find out more about our complaints procedures, click here: http://www.lsbf.org.uk/students/student-complaints-policies-procedures.html

Best regards,