Locauto / excess charge damage

We hired a small vehicle for a couple of days to pick up and return Linate Airport Milan. This was through Car Hire 3000 as had used them before and not encountered problems. We were only there a few days as going to a local wedding so mileage was going to be low. asked to cocer 1500 euro excess which we declined as has excess cover with the company. I now understand that this does not cover tyres, windscreen or underneath the car. So when travelling add in the extra cost. The car was returned in the same condition as picked up. On return I received my credit card statement showing a charge of 280 Euros. I wrote immediately to the hire company to find out why. Told may take up to 28 days. No response chased now going to receive a refund but still a cost 100 euros to me but no reason or evidence. Just that this is an admin fee. It seems that if you do not take out cover their end you get charged. My partner took photos of the car on return as no one to see car return and when dropping off car told ok as I was concerned car being damaged in car park. I would not touch this company with a barge pole again and would warn other not to do so either. Your car hire will cost you exceptionaly more than you expected and this was not cheap for two days in the first place without the extra charge. I have spoken to someone at car hire 3000 who confirms that there are a number of companies or are not reputable and I think that these need to be excluded.