[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / this site pissed me off
So i typed up my whole resume, great site with a lot of tools to easily create your dream resume. I was under the impression it was free, so spent an hour or so making it. found it it was not free. was extremely pissed.
found a work around to it after completing the resume, just go to the preview resume tab, while in that tab hit the button print screen on your keyboard. paste this into paint, crop and there you have it, a fix to this websites scam!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Oct 24, 2012
Hi, I work at LiveCareer. We apologize for the misunderstanding, but what is free on our site is the ability to try out our product to create resumes and cover letters, and to explore our templates, designs and text tuner samples. If you want to print a resume to bring to an interview, email your resume/cover letter, or download a professional looking resume then you do need a subscription. However we do offer the ability to download a FREE Plain Text format.
I'd also like to mention that sending your resume in a photo format is not standard in today's job market and there is a big chance potential employer may not even open the file. Also, if submitting in a photo format the important keywords in your resume will not be searchable since they are not in a standard text format. So using a photo format can be very risky. We do encourage you to download one of the standard versions offered on our site to ensure professionalism and increase your chances of being found by employers.
If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.
More LiveCareer.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - don't use this service 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - cancelation 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - charging credit card / scam 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - they withdrew 34.95 from my checking account 
- LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume - unauthorised charges to my credit card 
- LiveCareer - subscription
- LiveCareer - lost 78 dollars to you without me realising.
- LiveCareer - unauthorized deduction of rs.1479.10 (indian currency) from my debit card by this website.
- LiveCareer - unauthorized deduction of rs. 1774.83 (indian currency) from my credit card by this website.
- LiveCareer - taking money in going from card they are fraud