[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / this site pissed me off

5 United States

So i typed up my whole resume, great site with a lot of tools to easily create your dream resume. I was under the impression it was free, so spent an hour or so making it. found it it was not free. was extremely pissed.
GOOD NEWS
found a work around to it after completing the resume, just go to the preview resume tab, while in that tab hit the button print screen on your keyboard. paste this into paint, crop and there you have it, a fix to this websites scam!

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Oct 24, 2012

Dear Asaline,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. We apologize for the misunderstanding, but what is free on our site is the ability to try out our product to create resumes and cover letters, and to explore our templates, designs and text tuner samples. If you want to print a resume to bring to an interview, email your resume/cover letter, or download a professional looking resume then you do need a subscription. However we do offer the ability to download a FREE Plain Text format.

I'd also like to mention that sending your resume in a photo format is not standard in today's job market and there is a big chance potential employer may not even open the file. Also, if submitting in a photo format the important keywords in your resume will not be searchable since they are not in a standard text format. So using a photo format can be very risky. We do encourage you to download one of the standard versions offered on our site to ensure professionalism and increase your chances of being found by employers.
    If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Best Regards,