Live Person / Fake, repetitive results

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3237108351

I used this service several times and all results were similar. They scam you by either typing really slow, going off topic to discuss your character to waste time or offer you spells to clear blockages. I wrote the company but did not offer a refund for poor services.

Pe

Comments

7th of Jun, 2009

Keep pushing the issue, keeping emailing or calling, they will refund you!

• Ec
      12th of Nov, 2009

Im sorry to hear about all of your bad experiences on liveperson. I was hesitant when I joined as a psychic (I read tarot cards, not your mind). I don't want to be associated with frauds and fakes. Most of the psychics on there make no sense to even me and I am outraged at what some of them charge. I am always sure the read quickly as I know your money is on the clock. I even find out your questions first, lay out the cards and have your answer ready before you hire me. I do not offer a lot of fluff or buzzwords, i cut straight to the point even if it startles you. This also may be why I am not as successful as other readers who promise the world at 7.99 a minute. I've only made about $60 in two years on the site, what I charge per hour to read for a party.
    Please remember that not everyone offering spiritual help is selling snake oil. Also, that there are a lot of unstable people who need the lies and fluff, its up to you to decide who and what works for you. Here is my email if anyone ever wants a tarot reading and not through liveperson. Lady Angela Renee at G mail dot com.

• Ss
      24th of Mar, 2010

Mar. 24, 2010

I'm not sure if this is the same Live Person that Bank of America uses, but I just wasted a 1/2 hour on a Live Online chat with someone using an IP address (in the network range NetRange: 208.89.12.0 - 208.89.15.255) that's registered to LivePerson, with servers named ASIA1.AKAM.NET. It looks like a Livepersons Network Operations Center in New York, though the person told me the location was in California. I know that banks outsource services but this "chat" was handled incompetently on LivePerson's end. If B of A really uses Liveperson, it's surprising -- it makes one wonder about the security of the servers and begs the question whether there is compliance to security and privacy laws, especially in the financial sector.

• Sc
      30th of Mar, 2010

I have consulted numerous psychiatrists on there seeking advice. All they want is money. They tell you to go talk with them in a live chat where you are paying buy the minute. I did it once and an hour later I had a bill of 150 dollars and no better advice than I could've gotten from talking to a person on the street. Every time I email them for advice I give them a full detailed explanation of what is on my mind so that they can give me good feedback. They charge me 20 dollars to read four lines they type saying something that provides no in depth analysis. The last line is always the same thing: "I would really like to chat live with you to get a better idea about what is on your mind and evaluate things more accurately." Beware, go look on their profile and you'll see something along the lines of 1.99/minute and realize that you will be spending about 200 dollars in less than an hour talking with them live. It's a giant scam. Save your money and go see a real therapist that is covered by your health insurance.

• Li
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I don't believe there are several psychiatrists on liveperson. There are many counselors however, with varying degrees of experience and education...Their credentials are checked out and verified at the time they create a profile. I have found many of these professional counselors are truly caring. They reduce their rates when needed and even offer free support through follow up emails.
    I don't know anything about the self proclaimed psychics on the site. It is not a practice i would want to submit to.

• Mi
      17th of Sep, 2010

I have been a counselor on liveperson.com since April 2010. My sense is that all counselors are conscientious and truly caring as well. This doesn't mean that I agree with the approaches taken by many. I am generally more to the point and use cognitive-behavioral methods rather than psycho-analytically informed approaches. I focus on the present more than most perhaps.

I should also say that LP takes about half of the earnings as their share, so the counselors are not receiving as much money as the per minute rate suggests. In addition, many would-be clients stay on long enough to get the advice they wish and then quit before hiring the counselors, so it is often the consumers that are "taking advantage" on a site that is not meant to be free.

The advantage of online counseling over face-to-face is that it offers anonymity for the client and I've had many clients who problems are of a nature that they would be very reluctant to discuss them in person. (The counselor is not anonymous and all their credentials are made visible and third-part verified). Another advantage of online is that clients get to the point quickly, unlike what is found in long-term therapy sessions where many times the client has a scheduled meeting and nothing much to say. One can see LP counselors on a regular basis, but most have one extended session to address a crisis,

LP is also less expensive than face-to-face therapy if one has no insurance, which includes large numbers of people, especially if you consider most therapists charge at LP around $2 per minute and sometimes less, I charge $1.50.

A number of comments on this site seem directed at being ripped off by LP's so-called psychics. These "experts" have no licenses (there are none for this specialty) or credibility apart from their own claims and that of their customers., In the view of scientists who have tried to prove the existence of psychic powers, that gift has not ever been verified under controlled conditions. What the counselors do is quite different. We don't clam to predict the future or evaluate clients on the basis of
    reading cards or birth information. Please don't confuse one group with another. Be discerning consumers.

Milton Mankoff
    okapi788@gmail.com

19th of Sep, 2010

If you ever pay a "psychic" for their services, especially a random one online, then you completely and utterly DESERVE to lose your money for being so monumentally stupid. I hope every last one of you winds up being culled from the herd before you have a chance to reproduce.

Idiots.

12th of Oct, 2013

Do not be fooled by this Mankoff character, what he does is illegal for he is licensed to practice only in New York and yet he sits on line conning clients from all over the world, other states in USA also. Is he licensed to practice in other states??? NO! He also goes beyond the scope of his license and does counselling which only LCSWs should do!