Linksys / They screw you on the warranty
On 9/13/2008, I purchased a Linksys router, model BEFSX41. After 8 months the router stopped functioning. When I called Linksys and read off the serial number I was told the router was no longer under warranty. There was a lot of confusion because of the poor English the technician spoke. I was finally able to understand that the warranty started from a manufacturing date and not from date of purchase.
Not believing my ears I hung up and called again. I was told again by another technician that my warranty did in fact start 4 months before I purchase the router. To put it another way, one third of my warranty was gone before I even thought about purchasing a Linksys router.
I was so pissed I could not continue to talk to the Linksys tech so I just hung up.
I am not going to pay to deal with thieves like that. I say thieves because only a thieving mind could come up with this type of warranty.
More Linksys Complaints & Reviews
- Linksys WMP54GX - Unsupported Drivers 
- Linksys - support scam 
- Linksys - poor customer service 
- Linksys - Fraud and illegal activity 
- Linksys - Fraud alert 
- Linksys - ea9500 max-stream ac5400 mu-mimo gigabit router and re7000 range extender
- Linksys - What a complete waste of 3 hours
- Linksys - Poor customer service / no warranty
- Linksys Call Solutions - Stole my money 
- Linksys - Horrible customer service and products