Lights of America / LED Flood Light

Lights of America
I purchased a 5w LED Flood Light at Sam's Club a few months ago and after a few weeks it started flickering until it finally stopped working altogether. It appears one of the more than 80 LED's burnt out. Most of the LED products on thier website claim 10, 000 hours of service. This one never came close. Since it was purchased with a large food order I doubt that I still have the receipt so no point in trying to get a replacement. Reading other complaints on the companies products it doesn't appear to be worth the troble or cost to try to get a replacement. Lesson learned; if one LED can disable an entire bulb, the technology just isn't there yet. Save your money.

N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
At Costco you don't need a receipt as they keep track of your purchases through your membership number. Sams Club may work differently but it's worth a try.
A  8th of Jul, 2009 by
I have one of their LED technology bulbs that lasted 5 months, but the package guaranteed two years, with no hour rating. To return the $5.67 bulb for exchange allegedly requires the original package (a blister pack) and I get to pay the postage, which at the parcel post rate is several dollars.

It's my belief that Lights of America is well aware their products don't come close to lasting as long as the warranty period, are ghastly more expensive than an incandescent bulb, and don't save the consumer one darn penny. Neither does it do anything toward reducing landfill waste that will never decompose.

I was going to return this bulb, just to see what kind of handling I received. After thinking on it a while, I think the least cost smartest choice is just don't pick up that brand any more for any lighting need. Both their CFL and LED products have performed miserably for me.

Both Phillips and General Electric light bulbs have delivered faultlessly, and I think I'll just stay with them.
A  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
I purchased several Lights of America Led lights for my outside lights. After about six months all the lights went out. All were returned to Wal Mart. They replaced all six lights, Lights of America said to send them back. It cost too much so I want buy the Leds from Lights of America again. I too think they know of the defect in their LED lights.
A  15th of Mar, 2010 by
I bought a Lights of America LED floodlight at Ace Hardware and paid 20.99 for it! It lasted about a month before 1/2 of the LEDs went out. The other half went out a month after that. So, 20.99 for a light that lasted 2 months. I am going to try to get my money back from Ace. This company should be reported...