LifeWatch / Elderly Clients Beware

1 United States
Phone: 800-716-1433

In 2006, my mother signed a contract with Lifewatch at which time she paid a refundable deposit of $100. On Aug.16, 2011, I returned all the equipment to their Lynbrook, NY office since my 96-year-old mother was moving to a facility following hospitalization. On Aug.22nd, I was informed by Jasmine, a CR, that the equipment was received and a refund will be sent out in 4-6 weeks.On Sept. 9th, I called, hoping to finalize some of my mother's bills and paperwork, and Maria informed me it takes 6-8 weeks.On Oct. 15th, 8 weeks after they received the items, Jasmine said she would have to "take it up with Paule, the billing supervisor, to see why the requests were never followed up." On Oct. 21st, Jasmine said the check was processed on Oct. 19th and "waiting for signature."On Oct.31st, Jasmine said the check was mailed on Oct. 26th and to allow time as it was mailed from New York.I am writing this scenario on November 11th, over 13 weeks since Lifewatch received the equipment. No refund has been sent...and also of interest is the fact that the rental fee is paid quarterly and not prorated when equipment is returned.
It is hard to conceive that this company would take advantage of elders who more than likely forget that they have money coming back to them. Is this how their customer service reps deal with those customers and their advocates who are efficient and follow up on what is rightly owed to them?
Regarding their service, only once, after several calls requesting a digital pendant for my mother's neuropathic fingers, did they finally oblige.Otherwise, they did respond quickly when she pushed the button...but that dept. is not the same as their Business Dept.
My advice, find another company and hope to be treated as one should.

Ph