LifeTime Fitness / lifetime keft charging me after my account expired, and they charged my mom's bank account without authorization!

Lifetime Fitness
St Paul
My mom got a rude awakening when she balanced he check book the other day. She discovered a few months worth of charges from Lifetime Fitness. I hadn't been there in about a year. She had used a check to prepay a few months as a gift to me. I got a call when it expired. They asked me to renew my membership and provide them with a valid credit card. I told them no thanks, and please delete my mother's financial information from your system. The guy on the hone said no problem and was very nice about it all. I am shocked that this happened. I don't understand how they could be so slimy as to take my mom's account number off her check and continue charging it after I canceled service!

A  30th of Mar, 2010 by
Life Time Fitness sucks (referring to Warrenville location).

I used to be a member for 2+ years, then moved to another place and returned for a week, so decided to use an offer from their web site for a free week membership. My fault I was honest with them that I am not based there, and my fault I just told them that if I not gonna get the free week, I can just become a member and then cancel the membership. Was suggested to buy 2 weeks for 80$, and then a higher level manager increased it to 100$.

In the end they kicked me out - I pissed off a manager and his boss (I was polite, but demanding).
The service is extremely rude - they do not want customers who might end up not joining the gym.

The fitness center is nice, lots of equipment etc, but they almost killed their reputation for me...

So... DO NOT JOIN!! They want your money and they don't care about you as a customer...
A  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
Yes, Same thing! They advertise this free week. Went in gym and couldn't get it bacause we didn't live there. They charged us a one week fee for 17.00. My teenage son took them up on the offer, used a debit card, and they continue to charge 54.07 a month for the last 5 months and we live 5 states away! They are charging us unauthorized to debit us and won't quit. The home offiice in MN. says the local gyn has to take care of it. They don't care, will traansfer me from person, to hol, to another person, on and on and then act like it is all cool, and then CHARGE ME AGAIN. This is April 3rd, and I was just charged again!
They are the absolute worst ever!!! They take advantage because they get commission and the main office wturns its head and lets it go on.
N  28th of Jun, 2010 by
READ THE AGREEMENT LADY! when he took them up on the week offer for $17, he must have signed an agreement which likely stated that after the week, the membership would continue on a month to month basis until you cancel it. it will then go into explaining the process for cancelling the membership and stop recurring billing. you will have to provide some amount of notice (probably 30 days) and in writing via certified mail. just follow the procedure and you'll be fine.
A  1st of Aug, 2010 by
Life time Fintess in warrenville has a very horrible customer service commitment. Peter Janunas who is a member advisor there laughed in my face after he denied my guest entry on the weekend. The embarrasing experience I had there has forced myself and others to cancel my membership because the turned away a paying customer who has recommended many of their members to that facility just to find out that they do not care about us as customers. I would have thought for the type of inconvience they gave me, it would of came with atleast an apoligy and not arogant smirks from a member advisor.

Life Time Fitness Logo Life Time Fitness