Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC] / vacation club

Feb 4, 2018
Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic
We were mislead about the vacation package we purchased and simply want our membership cancelled and our money refunded. We were not told about the cancellation process until we disputed the charge. were told there would be no additional fees or maintenance fees. We were told that we could go anywhere Worldwide world with our 34 year membership and stay for a whole week for $399. We could also book multiple rooms at this rate. Later upon arriving home, we discovered that in order to travel worldwide, we would have to pay $399 annually after the first year. We were not given sufficient time to read and process the Agreement we signed. The VLO officer rushed us through the paperwork. Since we wanted to cancel the agreement and want a refund for the full $13, 000, LHVC wants to keep $4, 500 for taxes and etc.
I am aware we were given a lot of information at once but we asked specific questions to confirm what we were buying, the Sale Representative went into his sales pitch about being able to travel anywhere in the world with no extra cost except for the service charge of $399 plus we could choose to have an all-inclusive package for $60 per day per person.
My spouse and I already paid $13, 000 USD and owe an additional $3, 500 for the total vacation package for the simple fact that we could travel anywhere in the world for $399 per week and we could take our friends and family. The representatives were misleading and we are so upset that this is in fact not what we purchased. We have used nothing of this package and will gladly return our package for a full refund. I was not aware that there was a 4-day cancellation period as the representative did not disclose this among other things. The representative that sold us the package was Nelson Guittirez. We were rushed through the signing. We were misrepresented and just want our money refunded. Our Agreement number is 00-36474 and we were charged $13, 000 USD on my MasterCard on January 19, 2018. The charge on my credit card shows IEA International Escrow Puerto Plata.
Desired Settlement
We want our membership cancelled and a full refund of our $13, 000 USD.

A  22nd of Feb, 2018 by
I'm concerned as well. I believe that we all have been taken advantage of, I am currently paying Bank of America for this Penthouse that I don't believe is worth the contract it is written on. I had to request bank statements to verify charges we will be out of approx. 7k but I'm grateful that we didn't use our own credit cards to purchase this for use for designated time frame not forever like our timeshare they told us they purchased. However we have not sent the deeds to LHVC and won't. If the class action suite gets started let me know.

R. DeShields

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC] Logo Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC]
Customer Care Service