Leon's Canada / terrible experience!

1 Brampton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

On August 26,2008 . I purchased a sofa bed( After months of B/S they delivered it December 01,2007), coffee table and two end tables and a bedroom set. I set up delevery for Sept 01,2007 well they sent half the furniture and most of it was damaged. ( Coffee table chipped , scratched, wood missing & 1 end table was defective. Bedsidepanels had cracks on them (cheap lamenant). When I contacted Leon's Brampton they kept me on hold for 15min and told me that they would send a "Technion's" to examine the damage and he might be able to fix the problem (glue the piece) It took 1 week for him to come and he had no idea what to do and tore off a piece of the furniture and made a report to replace the damaged pieces( He also had no knowledge about the furniture). It took them 2 weeks and they replaced the damaged pieces with other damaged pieces. Long story short (I could go on and on) They came and took my bedroom set I wanted a full refund NOT a CREDIT and they have not refunded my Financial Institution yet! That was Dec 29,2007. My Financial Institution contacted me on January 30,2008 and informed me that they still have not sent the refund to them ( Go figure). They have also sent me my 3rd defective coffee table and have scheduled a pick up of all 3 tables for February 13,2008 and requested a "Stocking Fee". (I don't think so) They are unprofessional, disorganized, scammers and liars. They do not stand by there products at all. They try to rip off the consumer and they don't want to be accountable for the CRAP they sell. They should step up to the plate refund my monies and stop playing games. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEON'S.

Ba

Comments

16th of Sep, 2008

We bought 2 pce. sectional in June. We have similar problems the sofa was riped at dilivery and the problem is not solved yet. The technician came and sad to us that back seat will be replaced. Finalley they called to tell that the part is in and they are coming back to fix it, but the same day we got a call that instead of a back seat they received the chair. So we are waiting again for how long we do not know. And with all this I not talking about other smoll problems we had.

• Le
      25th of Sep, 2008

I have bought furniture, electronics and appliances at Leon's for over 45 years. I have never had a problem with service and I have always been treated with the utmost respect. That is not to say that I have never had an issue with a tear, or a scratch on a product I've bought, but I do realize that for he most part it is the manufacturer that sends damaged products to Leon's. I find it really hard to complain when you can buy a 3 piece living room set for under 2 grand and one of the pieces might not be entirely perfect. If you want perfection go to a ultra high end furniture store such as the Art Shope in Toronto where you might be lucky to get a sofa for under 5 grand. Lets be reasonable people. Were not buying Bentley's, were buying Ford's.

• Ab
      30th of Sep, 2008

It is not about what you are buying, of course if I am buying a 5 piece bedroom set for 599.00 I would expect it not to be the best and I don’t expect it to last me a lifetime. But it is the way you get treated when you are talking to the customer service rep’s and not ti mention the 18 year old customer service manager (MANDY in BRAMPTON) They don’t care, because they have the power to do anything, they do. I am a pretty reasonable person, but when you get 4 dressers in the course of 6 weeks, and all are damaged to the point that you can not even take a discount to keep as is. That is when the gloves come off, that is where I draw the line, I don’t expect perfection, I expect at least, something that is not going to look like it is 15 years old and I expect that the manager can do more for me. The fourth time, I was livid, she said that she can do a next day delivery, I said I can’t I have meetings can she do it after 3:00, not she can not drivers are gone by then, weekends, no they are booked. Well what can do? Can you take a day off work? I asked her, can you???? Now that I have bought the furniture, I am expected to wait for techs, take time off from work, spend 20 minutes on hold and then finally, talk to a 18 year old manager (MANDY) who should be working at McDonalds flipping burgers or in school right now. You have to put your foot down sometime!

• Ro
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I recently ordered the christmas special from leons samsung 50" tv with blue ray dvd player and soundround sound, my wife ordered this package and paid a $500 deposit later that day they phoned and informer her that the tv was not available and that we couldn't get the dvd player until after christmas also the surrouned sound was on back order and would not be available until the new year if at all. why would they have it on as a x-mas special if they didn't have it in stock, oh yes they did refund the $500