Lenovo Ideapad / shipping delay

1 Austin, United States Review updated:

I ordered an Ideapad from Lenovo on 9/22/2008. At the time of order the product web site stated that the order would be shipped within 3 business days. Three days later the estimate shipping date was changed to 10/01/2008. The product website still stated that order would be shipped within 3 business day. One 10/01/2208 the estimate shipping date was changed to 10/28/2008. I called Lenovo and the Customer Service rep told me that the shipping date might be moved to 11/07/2008. Apparently Lenovo has not fixed their delivery probelm for two years now.

Hu

Comments

• Ta
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I ordered on 9/21 and they have delayed my shipping date 5 times now! My new ESD is 11/03. Each time i call i get a different excuse, like exuberant demand, and battery shortages. I mean your a multi million dollar company, and have had experience with IBM laptop for 3 years and you still can't figure out the loops. Pathetic. 1+ months waiting, 2+ months after release. No laptop yet

• Am
      3rd of Mar, 2010

low batery power

• Hb
      9th of Mar, 2012
    Lenovo Ideapad - one-month-old dead laptop
    Lenovo

Sent to Consumer Complaints Friday, March 9, 2012

After having this computer for one month, on February 27, 2012, it would no longer turn on. No power whatsoever. My first call to Lenovo sent me through troubleshooting that provided no help. They told me I needed to send the unit back. They wanted me to pay shipping. I convinced them that I shouldn't have to pay to ship a one month old computer.

They told me I would have my computer back in 7 days. When I got an email saying they received my unit, I waited a few days to check the status of the repair on their website. Not surprising to me was the fact that they were now waiting on parts. Website said to check back for updates to my status. Curious as to how long they were going to have my BRAND NEW COMPUTER, I called customer service, again, to get this information. After waiting 25 minutes, a human finally got on the line. I gave my case number, then, after being put on hold for 10 more minutes, he came back and said that my computer's hard drive and hard disk drive had both failed, the parts were not in stock, and they didn't think I would get my computer back until March 20. This particular customer service person recognized my severe disgust with the situation and told me he would "elevate my case to a higher status" and that I would receive a call from a manager-type person who might be able to get this resolved faster, or perhaps even be able to determine whether I could be issued a replacement machine. I was told that I'd receive a call within 3 business days.

The call never came. I called Lenovo back on the 4th day. Had to re-explain what I'd been told, had to reiterate that I was supposed to receive a call and didn't. I was put on hold for 15 minutes while they checked to see if my case had been assigned to a manager. It had. Then I had to wait on hold again while the CS rep tried to get that manager on the phone to talk to me. After being on hold for 30- minutes, I was cut off. When I called back, this rep couldn't seem to understand that I was told I'd receive a call from someone. She was going to put me on hold AGAIN before I told her that I would not spend any more time on hold. They have my phone number. When they find the person assigned to my case, they can call me.

That was last night, March 8. I truly don’t expect to hear from anyone.