Leisure Living Superstore / Fraud and scam

1 40438 Winchester aveTemecula, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951 719-2900

I purchased a $2, 500 sauna from leisure living superstore on may 3, 2008. They were having (still are) a "everything must go", liquidation, and store will be closing sale. My expected delivery date is long over due and the excuses are ridiculous. We call the store and supervisors etc. daily, and still no response. We have contacted our credit card company AMEX and they are going to start a billing inquiry and investigation. Please inform the public STAT. I would have never suspected this type of fraud from what appeared to be a normal place of business. PLEASE ISSUE PUBLIC NOTICE ON LEISURE LIVING TEMECULA.

BEWARE UNSUSPECTING VICTIMS!

Comments

• Li
      11th of Jul, 2008

Could not agree with you more. They may be going out of business but just not fast enough for me!
    Don't buy there unless you want to be miss led and ripped off.

• Ba
      13th of Jul, 2008

I saw the close out ad in my Sunday San diego newspaper, everything must go 7-13-08. They had a Gazebo listed at $799, on sale for $83. So I drove out to San Marcos. Now I have been researching Gazebo's at different stores, & know the quality. For $799, I was expecting something terrific! They had a slightly different gazebo, with the same $799 price tag on sale for $252 (other stores like Home depot have this flimsy model for $99). I began to tell all of the customers looking at it NOT TO BUY IT, that it was a low end quality, PLUS the store wasn't selling that model for $83. I finally talked to the manager, & explained with images from all of the other stores that I looked at, that no way this ever retailed anywhere for $799, & that this was false advertising. I proceeded to tell him I was contacting the San Diego Union to notify them of the fraud. I next began to warn the customers NOT to buy ANYTHING IN THAT STORE. I must of frightened the manager, because he came out to my car & told me that he wanted to give me a free gazebo. I thought, okay I'll take it, & opened my trunk, then he told me the gazebo was at there wherehouse, it would be in stock next week (now remember this is the LAST DAY of the store being opened according to the ad). They wrote me up an order to pick up my free gazebo in a week...the gazebo is so cheaply made, that it is probably not worth the drive back, or the time to install it...but to read that people actually bought anything from them, & that it was never delivered is criminal!!!

18th of Jul, 2008

Thank you for the info. I just sent my hubby to go get the Gazebo that was advertised at $87.00 which supposedly had a original retail price of $799.00. After reading your comments above I immediately called him on his cell phone to stop him from buying it. We also did not realize that they have been "going out of business" for several months now.

Thanks again for the info.

Christine