Lease Finance Group / fraudulent contract

Jun 9, 2015
Greeneville Antique Market
A representative from Retriever Processing Co., Tony Viola, came into the store to sell us his company service. We told him we were not interested in changing out program, but he continued to offer better rates, promised we would receive better service, etc. We told him we were not interested, but as a final tactic, he told us he would give us a two month all inclusive free trial. My sister and I were working with customers, phone calls, etc. as our business was open. When he told us that our old machine would be out of compliance and must be replaced, we figured a free trial would be beneficial. We thought we had nothing to lose as we could cancel if we were not satisfied. Turns out, he had my sister sign a 4 year contract! We had no idea we had entered this contract. It was not made clear, and she nor I understood he was giving us two months free to try, but had subjected us to a four year contract. We decided, after not being satisfied with customer service, that we did not want to remain with Retriever. We got a letter about the contract, and I contacted Tony Viola, on May 14, 2015. He told me he would call me back after talking to his manager Daniel Gill. He called me back shortly, and told he to fax a cancellation notice to the number he provided. He said he would send me a box and a return label for the equipment to be returned. We did as he told us, and the notice was faxed, the equipment returned on 5/18/15. The Lease Finance Company deducted $50 and some change, from our bank account. My sister and I called many times today to discuss this and to tell them that we had been instructed and assured by Tony Viola that the matter would be cleared. After many attempts to reach an associate...even the 24 hour voicemail box was full... I finally got to leave a message. Late in the afternoon, I received a call back. I was told that Tony Viola was not a rep, of their company even though he was the one who signed us up with Lease Finance...unbeknownst to us. They said that my sister had signed and they had her Social Security number and if we did not pay they would turn us over to the collectors. We do not have the equipment, and we cancelled before the two month trial period. We think they also have been deducting $82.30 for over 10 years from our account for something the previous owner now deceased signed before we bought the store. We have not been able to get contact information as to who is deducting from our account for so long. We think Lease Finance is deducting two amounts from our account now for services and machines we do not have and did not understand we would be responsible for. We need help. I had a very contentious conversation with Tanya from LFG today. I called Tony Viola after that conversation, and he told me again, that he would be taking care of it, and indeed thought that he had done so. He assured me that he had offered us the two month free trial. He did not deny that and it's written on our contract- thus my sister signed, thinking it was a free trial of the equipment and Retriever. We did not know that there were TWO companies involved as only one rep was talking to us. LFG denies that he represented their company. Terrible.

Lease Finance Group (LFG) Logo Lease Finance Group (LFG)
65 E Wacker Pl Ste 510