Leap Frog Leap Pad / Going on 4 months for a $20 refund!

1 Emeryville, CA, United States Review updated:

On 11/18/07, I ordered a Leap Pad for my niece for xmas. Discovered she already had one so begins my ordeal of trying to return this sucker. Apparently, you need an RMA# to return something to Leapfrog so I called to get one. Customer service told me she would escalate it and someone would contact me. Go on vacation for 1 week, and there are no messages or emails from them. I then emailed for one and get an automated reply saying I will get a response in 48-72 hours. A week goes by and I reply and ask again. Still nothing. This is now mid-January and I write off another note blasting their lack of professionalism and customer service and I finally receive a reply with an RMA#. I mailed it back (with delivery confirmation b/c I just don't trust them) and it's now been 4+ weeks and no refund and no responses to my inquiries. Reported them to the BBB but not hoping for a resolution. Mind you, it's only $20 but I've never seen such a lack of customer service for a supposed reputable company.

Je

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Mar, 2008

I have a similar yet worse story. Purchased 4 Leapfrog gifts in Nov. for X-mas. (L-Max, Brightlings Station, Fridge Phonics, Walker). When my kids opened them on X-mas a.m., #1&2 did not work (I had also purchased a number of cartridges & add-ons for them). After numberous emails and calls, days gone from my life, w/crying kids, I finally get an RMA 3 wks later. Now #3 no longer works. Send back #1&2, get #2 2 wks later and #1 is not in stock, but due in 3/3. I was promised by the customer rep my L-max would be the first off the truck (her words not mine). Still no L-max, just got the RMA for #3. Each time I call, same thing - ph# & order #, no resolution and a rep that sounds like they're reading off a card and in India! They just repeat what I already told them, just much slower. VERY FRUSTRATING.

12th of Mar, 2008

I also feel very scammed by Leapfrog. I bought the Pentop Computer for my daughter and nowhere on the packaging does it state that it does not work with a Mac...until you open it up and try to install it. Of course, then, you cannot return the product. The program is compatible with Windows XP, but only on certain brands of computers....Mac is not one of them. Further, customer service is HORRIBLE and after spending all of the money on the package, even more money on the 'special' notebooks ($10 each), Leapfrog wouldn't even consider refunding or crediting any portion of this money. This is FALSE ADVERTISING at it's finest and it is absolutely disgusting! I would discourage anyone from purchasing any product from this company. They do not disclose the limits of the products and then, when they don't work, they will keep your money and not care one bit. This is a terrible way to do business in this economy...people work way too hard for their money Leapfrog!!!