Lawn Doctor

4.7
Lawn Doctor
PO Box 2425
Cedar Hill, Texas
I decided to go with Lawn Doctor this year for because I thought if the service cost $350 dollars a year, surely it is a good investment and I would be the proud owner of the greenest, healthiest lawn on the block. Well, sixty five days later, I have the worse looking yard on the block, and my wallet is one hundred seventeen dollars lighter.
Naturally the lawn service blamed it all on me.
You can’t treat Saint Augustine lawns with heavy fertilizer.
We are not treating for the rescue grass {Crab grass} ?? Uh, really? For $350 dollars a year I still have to go physically pulled up all of this rescue grass?
We are not treating for fire ants, or bugs. Again, $350 dollars a year service.
You have a fungus problem. By now you can guess what they said.
I can go to home depot and treat for the ants and bugs for ten dollars. And I have always used Lesco for about twenty two dollars, and have gotten much better results. What was I thinking?
Stay away from:
Lawn Doctor, they are crooks.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden

Comments

N  15th of Jun, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Go with a expieranced landscape contractor. They francises can be owned by anyone. One day the guy is a baker, the next he's putting dangerous chemicals on YOUR lawn. NICE
A  14th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
had service in savannah ga.A bunch of thieves. The the Thief, Mr.Mark Deloach, owner .
D  12th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
For your info, rescue grass (crabgrass) is similar to St augustine and until this year there have been no products to kill crabgrass and not kill the St Augustine. Bugs are usually covered with any insecticde that is applied to the lawn but fire ants have always been covered seperately due to the high cost of the product designed to control fire ant. Your a typical unreasonable customer that wants the whole world for a dime. You were probably charged for the basic service and thats what you got!
A  24th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
poor service, nasty owner, weeds, yellow grass, this is a lawn care co. and this is what I'm paying for, I can do better my self.
N  10th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
We have spent $1500 to $2000 with Lawn Doctor in Marietta ga owned by a guy named Mike. Our lawn looked great for awhile. Now it looks worse than ANY lawn in our neighborhood. They say it is fungus but the whole yard is basically dead grass and we spent a lot of money watering it. They are blaming US for it. I told them that's why I hired you. I'm not the expert. On top of that, they were very rude to me.
N  30th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes

Lawn Doctor - Unauthorized yard treatment
LAWN DOCTOR IN WILM NC
Wilmington
North Carolina

I've been very unhappy with the Lawn Doctor since last year 2012. I've been complaining all this year (2013) to them about my out of control weed problems in both the front and back yard. When they sprayed, less than 10% of the weeds in my yard were even affected. I continuously called and complained about the poor products they used. In July 2013 I even had a manger come to my house and overview my yard. He said since I had St. Augustine in most of my front yard there was not too much to do for the crabgrass infestation. My back yard was Bermuda and he said they could wipe out ALL the weeds there. They came the next week and sprayed ONLY for weeds. Two weeks went by and very, very few weeds dies or were even affected. I was very upset with their pathetic services. The next week ( ` 27 August 2013) I spoke with the owner JoAnna and told her that I wanted ONLY a re-spray for weeds only. no fertilizer at all I was due for a lawn treatment and I told her I didn't want it, ONLY a weed re-treatment. She said they would only do a weed treatment, no fertilizer. I told her also to have them call me before they come over so I could be there. The next thing I see is a bill for a LAWN TREATMENT which included fertilizing that I DID NOT authorize. I callled and JoAnna and told her that she agreed that there was to be ONLY a weed re-treatment. She said I HAD to pay the bill even though she is the one that repeated back my instructions for weed treatment ONLY over the phone which I requested that she did to prevent any confusion. I'm disgusted with this joke of a company. Their incompetent and dishonest.
A  21st of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
Lawn Doctor did the same to our house. Twice. I simply refused to pay the bill and was done with them.
A  25th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
Lawn Doctor has the worst customer service, Don't call the National Corporate office... Sheila is the worst yet the VP of Operations David Newman will tell you that she is the sweetest person you would ever meet. He obviously doesn't meet many people.
A  5th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Horrible service in Langhorne area. Rude and unprofessional owner. No results on the grass. Never called to schedule an appointment just leaves the bill on the front door. The owner actually agreed that he ripped me off by saying " I knew you won't see results because your house is on the hill and I almost talked you out of it but I let you try it." Thanks ... Hole
A  5th of Aug, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I totally agree. Furthermore I can actually give you some insight as to what very well been the problem, as I am the Lawn Doctor franchise owner over here in Grand Prairie/South Arlington area. I do know that that particular franchise area changed hands three times around that time period. So, unfortunately it's unlikely there the franchise owner at that time had extensive experience. I cannot vouch for their quality of service. The last owner of that franchise area had some health problems and got very far behind. He was already planning to sell his franchise area so I offered to take care of his area with my vehicles and material and keep the production money, that way he'd actually have a real asset to sell and not just the area. I never heard from him. Fast forward six months later and he just up and quit altogether. He just gave up the area without even trying to sell it. Lawn Doctor corporate contacted me and offered his client list to see if I was interested in contacting them to see if they wanted service. To be clear, it is officially my franchise area but corporate figured someone who didn't technically own that area doing service was better than no one at all. I called the 200+ people on his client list roughly about three years ago and signed about sixty clients. Long story short, (too late, lol) is each franchised is independently owned and operated so I can't vouch for any other franchises quality of work as I have never witnessed their work. So, though it's not officially my franchise area I now handle the Duncanville/Desoto/Cedar Hill area. My brother and I have been operating our franchise for over 16 years. If you'd like I could meet with you and see what we can do for your lawn. If you're interested just call and ask for Corey (me) or my brother Aaron. Our office number is (972) 803-1682.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree