LAPD / Watch out for Officer Melero - RACIST

1 Olympic BlvdLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Its very typical nowadays for me to get pulled over by the LAPD, but last night I had enough of always being treated like a criminal (only because I'm a black male). On Sunday, July 26th, I was driving down on Olympic and saw 4 small red flares on the road. I drove up thinking I can just go around, and the Officer Melero stops me. Instead of telling me that the road is closed and I have to go around, he has me stop my car. Then his first line of questioning is "Am I on probation?", "Is this car stolen?". Is this typical questioning they would ask white drivers? I then had to wait for over a half hour while he kept trying to see if I really owned the car (everything was in my name). At the end of course he gave me a ticket for a moving violation. I went back to the scene to take pictures, and they were letting cars drive by!!! So in a span of 5 minutes after my ticket, the street miracoulsy became safe to drive on. I'm appealing and also making a formal complaint about Officer Melero.

Comments

• Su
      27th of Jul, 2009

You are assuming this was race driven. Have you ever thought it could be something else?

• Ta
      27th of Jul, 2009

Police officers treat everyone like a criminal until they can verify you're not. That's the best way to do their job properly and ensure our safety. If you don't like it you are free to move out of LA or the US.

• Ta
      27th of Jul, 2009

Oh and you have also opened yourself up to a law suit by Officer Melero for defamation of character which I hope he pursues if this hurts him in any way.