Lane Furniture - Astro Double Reclining Sofa / design flawed sofa

700 South 72 Street, Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4023976100

In April 2010 I purchased from NFM a Lane Double Reclining Sofa from the Astro Collection. There was to be a one year guarantee on the item. In December 2010 a rod from the seat had torn through the upholstery and was poking my daughter in her leg. This rod had also torn the upholstery on the adjacent seat in the center. I contacted NFM and they sent out a claims team. I was told this rod that had torn through, was secured with a single stitch of thread by Lane. I also asked about the other side cushion with a rod on that side that could break loose at any moment. Ultimately the claims team that came to the house indicated it was a design flaw by the manufacturer, Lane. The only thing NFM could do was to repair the torn upholstery. What about securing all the rods down that are assembled to the sofa using a single stitch? What about the design flaw...why didn't the sales person tell me at NFM that this sofa is seen a lot by the claims department before I bought it. DO NOT BUY THIS SOFA - it is a rip off!

Comments