lane bryant outlet / jean exchange

taanget, Foley, AL, United States Review updated:

I went to exchange a pair of jeans for something else . they still had the tag attached with the price on them and i was told by leigh they could only give me the price they rang up for because they didnt know how much i paid for them because I didnt have my receipt with me. (the tag was attached as i said ) They rang up for half the price that was on the tag because I bought them last month. Now please understand I didnt want cash back I just wanted to exchange them but this woman was rude and nasty about it and ive been a regular customer for more than 18 months. The manager april knows me on sight althought she wasnt there today and the manager cathy was busy helping someone else.

I also took back a pair of underwear that all i wanted them to do was to remove the security tag off of that they left on and she told me that she didnt know if she could do that without the receipt although I handed her my bag with them in it when I walked in the door because the tag went off then. I actually had to damn near have a fit to have it done. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT A LANE BRYANT AGAIN! I have also contacted the home office and talked to the manager at the catherines next door since they have the same home office.

It is so wrong that one person ruins a whole companies relationship with a customer.

Comments

• Sh
      Jun 13, 2010

I didnt ask for a refund . I asked for a exchange . that is completely different.

Jun 13, 2010

People shoplift and bring back the item wanting the tag removed. People also buy something on sale and try to get a refund for the full price. That's the reason for wanting a receipt. They can't just take your word for it that you aren't trying to pull a fast one.

Jun 13, 2010

Shepmom: I understand that however I am a regular customer of more than 18 months. This is not the first time I have been in this store( I am in this store usually once or twice a week) and I know most of these women on a first name basis outside of the store. I understand your point but I know the truth to this situation . I am by far no thief and simply tried to correct thier mistake, which is not the first time this particular store has made the same mistake by leaving security tags on but it happens. The fact is the attitude is the problem and uncalled for. The employee has no right to get any sort of snotty, nasty, or down right ill attitude with a customer because I disagree with her. We can have a discussion but to flat out just tell me to take it or leave it, it absolutely unacceptable and downright rude.

If you dont agree with that then I am not sure what your definition of customer service is but it is not the same as mine and we can agree to disagree.

Jun 14, 2010

The alarm didnt go off when I left or I would have stopped and I dont return like you are describing. dont make me out to be the bad guy cause you want to be hateful. I am not doing their job and reminding them of tags and manners. you either. have a fantastic day. Ive said my complaint.

Jun 14, 2010

I was no accusing you of trying to pull a fast one but that companies make policies because people have pulled fast ones in the past. Because of them, we all pay a price.

I know it may seem frustrating but companies set the policy and the employees have to abide by them or they will lose their jobs. Did they explain the companies policies to you? If so, did you argue with them? That might have caused the tension.

Jun 16, 2010

You're whining about a policy that every store (EVERY one) I have ever been to has had this policy. For all they know you went to a thrift store and bought the item (people do donate tagged items) and are trying to get better/newer items.
    Yes, we all realize you only want an exchange, well you'll have to take what you can get. Saying "but I shop there alllllll the time" doesn't change the fact that you have to follow the policy, you are not a special snowflake and you do not deserve special treatment. You seem to suffer from a bad case of self-entitilement, you should get that checked out.
    People who have shopped at a place for years still steal, who's to say you are not one of them? Just an fyi, in no way am I saying you are but from a retail prospective, times are tough and the lovely guests we had last year can turn into evil twits this year.

Jul 03, 2010

Midge in the same perspective... times are tough and those lovely guest... that shop all the time NOW DONT... so it is no longer a concern. I havent been back nor will I .

Jul 03, 2010

Awesome, I'm sure they're glad they don't have to deal with your self-entitled attitude anymore!

Jul 04, 2010

Midge- Do you work there? or is buying from a thrift store and trying to take back to the retail store a trick that you use that has ruined it for all of us, honest people? How about you take your attitude and move along. Sounds like you need to be a special snowflake a little more often and not be such a plain jane or twit as you put it, all the time with a nasty attitude yourself. Im tired of the name calling or being accused of doing something wrong here...

you an fyi all you would like from a retail prospective but I am coming from a customer prospective.

If people in the retail industry continue to crap on regular customers they wont have them. when the regular customers run dry the business runs dry.sorry the occasionally customer doesnt pay the bills, payroll or utilities. look at all those empty malls & businesses throughout america who are now out of business and tell me that some of that isnt due to rising cost, corporate policy and CRAPPY SERVICE.

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF SPENDING HARD EARNED MONEY IN PLACES ONLY TO BE TREATED LIKE ###S OR LOW LIVES WHEN THEY SIMPLY WANT SERVICE. NICE, DECENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. IF IM IN THE WRONG THEN FINE EXPLAIN IT TO ME NICELY, DONT GET AN ATTITUDE, DONT ACT LIKE IT IS A BOTHER, DONT ASSUME I KNOW YOUR COMPANY POLICY. IT IS YOUR DAMN JOB TO DO .

WHAT NO ONE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND IS IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PRICE OF THE JEANS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THAT IT IS THE ATTITUDE I GOT FROM THE LADY BEHIND THE COUNTER.

Its the crap I catch on here for attempting to vent a complaint about being treated rudely and suddenly I did something wrong, well sorry folks I am not going to let someone get away with being paid a wage to do a job in customer service and no doing it . I work customer service daily and if i treated a customer this way I would have had my ### handed to me. My regular customers wouldnt have put up with it and I wont either. That is why this country is going to hell in a handbasket and I refuse to stand idly by anymore and keep my lips shut. So have all the attitude you would like. Ive got plenty as well.

Jul 04, 2010

Well if you stopped acting like a ### and a low life you wouldn't be treated as such.
    Again, thank you for never going into that store again. I don't work there nor do I know anyone who does but as a sales associate in a retail outlet I thank my lucky stars another SA doesn't have to deal with the likes of you. You make no sense and can not grasp the simplest thing.
    You keep on with your crazy though. I'm sure it will work out for you at some point in your life. Or you'll continue to burn bridges and end up naked in the streets because the big ebil corp dudes are after you.

Jul 04, 2010

And im thrilled that you can get away with keeping your minimum wage job without giving good customer service.

Hopefully someone will be an ### to you and youll be standing in my shoes one day.

Jul 04, 2010

Sweetheart, I make above minimum wage, probably more than you do. But if you have to tell yourself otherwise to sleep better at night you go ahead and do that, darlin'.
    Poor dear, your self-entitlement complex is showing. :D

Jul 04, 2010

Stealth, I agree. I just don't understand these type of people.

Jul 05, 2010

Stealth I wasnt speaking to you. I was speaking to Midge. I dont like midge because she chooses to call me a twit, a ###, self entitled, whiny and so forth because I spoke my opinion. i dont like lousy customer service and being treated as though I am a second class citizen because I dont understand what the issue was with my exchange and removing a tag that the store left on. There was no advice in that. I voiced and opinion. she simply called me names and wanted a fight so she got one.

I am glad midge that you admit that you sell crap and feel the need to call me sweetheart and darlin now as compared to ### and twit as before.

So you two team up and make a mockery of customer service and what it should be so it continues to allow people to be treated like [censored] so that those in customer service can do as little as possible and get away with it.
    Im sure then midge your job will be secure.

Jul 05, 2010

Oh look, the not so elusive Self-Entitled Twit has flapped her chubby little wings and come to warble on with her pity song.
    These Self-Entitled Twits sure do make their presence known what with their shrill call of "TwipBut I deserve itTwirp" and "TrillThe customer is AlllllLLllWWWaaAAayYYssSss rightTrill!!". This Twit can also be seen throwing tantrums at your local mall, boutique, or Starbucks. God forbid someone allow this creature access to the internet for they are sure to warble their song through the writ word as well.
    How does one rid themselves of the Self-Entitled Twit? Well, no one's really sure yet though for the lucky people at this Twit's local Lane Bryant they no longer have to pick up her droppings for she has sworn never to return. Oh those lucky shop girls. But what is this? Oh no, some poor sap has provided this Twit with the internet and thus she has continued her pity dance through her feeble little rant. The Self-Entitled Twit is seen continuing her tantrums through every additional post she spews fourth but as her shrill screeching words are only typed they are easily mocked and put aside for further amusement later.
    I suppose we should not mock the Self-Entitled Twit, they are a bird challenged in the mental department and seem unaware of their childish and silly ways. Trying to teach them of their wrong doings goes unheeded and instead elicits a strange reaction, their tantrums getting ten times worse. Something most would think impossible, after all at normal range the shrill call is annoying enough, but wow.
    Hopefully this sad Twit will learn how to be an acceptable member of society but until then others will learn from it and behave in the opposite way, as is right.

Jul 07, 2010

why dont you get a real job and life and move on ?

Jul 07, 2010

So you're saying I have a fake job and life? Odd, I was unaware of this.
    The pathetic Self-Entitled Twit squawks again!
    She keeps up with her nonsense we'll have to rename her species to the Ignorant Twit.

Jul 07, 2010

No... Im saying im tired of you feeling the need to condense MY complaint & opinion to some name calling hissy fit cause YOU dont agree. You are the one obviously unhappy being nothing more than a sales associate so go get a real job that makes you happy so you dont have to deal with customers and a real life so you can find someone else to take your unhappiness out on and MOVE ON.

Jul 07, 2010

and funny if im the one squawking so much, why do you keep answering since you have such a busy life to live... HMMMMMM makes one wonder

Jul 07, 2010

Keep showing the world what an ugly Twit you are, dear.

Jul 07, 2010

and now its dear... im not the ugly little name caller... you can continue your ugly behavior DEAR

• Fr
      May 10, 2011

The store only being able to refund the jeans at the price they ring up at I understand. Even with the tags attached they have no way of knowing if you got them on sale or if you used a coupon to get them for a reduced price, which is extremely common with Lane Bryant stores. Unless you were exchanging the pants for the exact item just in a different size or color, I don't see how it came as a surprise that they could not issue the refund for the price on the tag. Additionally I am sure that the policy about such things is on the receipt. The security tag issue however I understand the frustration. Stores are constantly removing the security tags, but not the little ink things that will stain your clothes if you try to remove them yourself. These do not set off the alarms so you often won't realize that they got left on until you get home, and I agree that it is the store associates responsibility to check for such things, not the customer (I have worked in a clothing store before, so I understand both the customer and associate perspective). Yes it can look suspicious, but if they screwed up and left the thing on there, the customer should not be punished. I suppose in the future check before you leave or call ahead if you know you have to bring in something like that to get tags removed to avoid incidents.