KK Music Store / Terrible place

I purchased a Jr. drum set for my 8 yr old because he had requested a set from Santa. The package arrived 2 days before Christmas but never inspected the contents until Christmas Eve night when my husband went to put it together at midnight so that it would be out when my son woke up Christmas morning. Well, unfortunately, there were no instructions on how to put it together (mind you, it was in 200 pieces).

Needless to say, it was a very disappointing Christmas morning when the only thing my child asked for was sitting in 200 pieces in a closet hidden. When I contacted Kelly, the manager, she advised me that you have to request instructions on how to put together. So, it was my fault that the drum set didn't get put together.

I was so angry at her attitude so I requested my money back. She then said that I would have to send the drum set back at my cost and that she was going to take a 20% cut of my refund for a restocking fee. Heck, toothpaste comes with instructions. After much conversation, she agreed to send UPS to pick it up and only charge me 20%. Well, the UPS guy never came to pick it up. When I called her and advised her of the 'no show' of UPS she called me a 'Stupid B**ch' and hung up on me. I would never recommend this company for anything.

Mi

Comments

• Co
      28th of Feb, 2009

I am not surprised! Cecilio musical instrument, their brand is NO GOOD ...their high quality pictures are very deceiving! They are a manufacture that sells directly on Ebay and have a website store called www.KKMusicStore.com, which is also more deceiving! ALL JUNK!

Poor BBB Rating, Poor customer service, DO NOT HONOR THEIR 1 YEAR WARRANTY! If you purchase any of their instruments, you will be lucky it last more than 15 days.

Stay away from them!

• To
      18th of Apr, 2009

I also noticed they have a [redacted] file against them:

/URL removed/

FYI, I agree, stay away!

• Ce
      11th of Aug, 2009

I am a cecilio dealer, I as a dealer can't get satisfaction for the many bad instruments. I have had to repair their brass instruments over and over, at my expense.They charge me to return bad instruments and won't believe my technicians reports on all the defects. We cancelled our dealership. It has costs us thousands of dollars to fix these instruments and give replacements to our customers using other brands. KK music is owned by Cecilio Manufacturing- and as a Dealer, if we can't get satisfaction, what are your chances. Kelly, who is mentioned in some reviews as disagreeable to customers, is nice when we would place an order, and not so nice when we need help. I can't give our name because we will still need parts and whatever help we can wring out of cecilio until all the bad cecilio instruments ha9ve 0been fixed, returned, or turn to junk, which they are, EVEN WHEN NEW. (PS.even their cases fall apart!)

• Ca
      25th of Sep, 2009

I purchased a student trumpet (Mendini by Cecilio Lacquered Bb Trumpet) for my son from KK Music.
    The service was courteous and prompt. The trumpet worked as expected in fact better than the one that he had been borrowing from the school.
    His music teacher was satisfied with the quality of the instrument and said that it was a good value
    I have had no problems
    Carter Smith

• Va
      26th of Oct, 2009

I bought a violin from this company a month ago. I was a little discouraged at first seeing their reviews here but after going on eBay and seeing that they have over 20K positive feedbacks, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. Also because they have the best deals on violins. The violin came a week later and it's really what they described. It's beautiful, my daughter loves it!

Overall, I'm really pleased with this company, friendly service and fast shipping. My order was sent out the next day. I don't know about how well their warranty is, I haven't had any problems with my instrument yet.

15th of Nov, 2009

Oh my gosh! Stay away from them! Their instrument will work for about 30 days thens quickly falls apart. Good luck then on their so call warranty! :)

9th of Dec, 2009

I recently was trying to make a purchase using my debit card and the purchase was decined a couple of time to find out the next day that it was being debited out of my account. I called KKmusic store customer service rep. to explain the situation and she was better than good. She helped us get the situation corrected and we are now looking forward to the drums.
    Mike Mc Kinzie

• Ba
      17th of Dec, 2009

Cecilio is the WORST store to buy any thing musical from I bought a violin from those liars and at the time I purchased it I thought I was in for a treat but boy was I worng the day it arrived I was all happy and junk but no it was a piece of crap . The case that it came with was locked with the key inside so I had to cut it open and the violin was'nt even assembeled.

So I'm warning you stay away from them
    Beware of bad service!!!

• Ta
      18th of Feb, 2010

i dont care about the service i just want a violin becuase i want a newer one mine was 850 dollars and its a hofner anybody want it for 700 dollars? any won any won? hm hm.

• Va
      9th of Mar, 2010

You people need to get real. There's a need for cheap instruments like the ones they're selling. Truth is, not everyone can afford or willing to spend $800 on an instrument, especially if they're a beginner. What kind of quality were you really expecting out of a $20 instrument? These reviews aren't fair at all because you people simply expect too much.

• Yo
      9th of Mar, 2010

you people need to get real... what were you really expecting for $20??? Truth is, there are people who needs cheap instruments like these, not everyone can afford $800 instruments.. even if it means you'll have to buy 2 or 3 because it just won't hold up, that's still better than spending $800.

• Do
      25th of Jul, 2010

http://astore.amazon.com/supstapro-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=33 is way better check them out they have everything new and used!

• Ze
      26th of Sep, 2010

You get what you pay for, and if you are lucky a little more. Buy a lottery ticket and see if you get the same deal. BTW I just bought a used King 600, made in USA for a wopping 150.00. It was one of the mid priced on ebay.

• Wr
      2nd of Nov, 2010

I agree with some posters that really what does a person expect when you get a violin, case, xtra strings, xtra bow, xtra bridge, digital tuner, rosin AND a pocket music book for less than $60.00?? I purchased this in a 1/16 for my two and half year old to just get use to holding the violin, using the bow and the feel of the instrument. Its adorable. I have not had any experience with their customer service so I cant comment on that. However, I do feel that as far as the violin goes I got what I paid for.

10th of Jan, 2011

KK Music Store is a COMPLETE rip off...STAY AWAY. I purchased a trombone for my son at the start of the school year. Of course, by the time lessons started, it was past the 30 day return policy. My son came home in tears...what looked to be shiny and "NEW" was actually repainted JUNK! I took it to the local SA Music Store to see about a cleaning, but they told me it is in disrepair...basically worn junk...and that it was probably worth buying a new one, instead of repairing what KK Music Store sold me. My son is now crushed. THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL RIP OFF. DO NOT BUY FROM KK MUSIC STORE.

• Pr
      18th of Jan, 2011

KK Music Store has had many Complaints for many years .
    Any Company that sells Musical Instruments should not have continual monthly complaints about Quality. You can go look up legit moderate quality Brand Instruments & you will not find this kind of constant negative Feedback.
    FYI: You can buy a decent legit moderate quality Instrument for about twice what KK Music store costs & its worth every dime! If you can't afford that then buy a used Instrument or rent. Kids need to learn on a well made instrument. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to buy Junk for your Kid to learn on period.

2nd of Mar, 2011

My 9 year old daughter bought her first violin from KK Music on Ebay in pink. She has used it for two years and has turned into a great violinist and was invited to the district wide masters program this year. Since she is ready to upgrade to a larger violin we plan on getting another from KK on ebay. We are quite satisfied with their product and price. Im my opinion my daughters 70.00 violin sounds just as good if not better than some of her fellow students with the $600.00 model.

• Xa
      5th of Mar, 2011

This company is a DISASTER to be avoided at all costs. Started with misleading advertisements - note the GERMAN type cello is made in CHINA -and a poor quality cello. Returning it was supposed to be easy within the trial period. Turns out a cello can be badly enough "damaged" in their indestructible hard case during shipping that there is NO refund. I am out the money and the cello. Some business where you get to keep both! Wish I had known what this company was like before I did business with them. A HORRIBLE and expensive experience.

• Pr
      5th of Mar, 2011

Don't believe the Siren's Song from these Junk Instrument sellers. You are NOT going to get a quality Instrument for the ridiculously low price. Any instrument you buy should be sold in Stores and the MANUFACTURER of the Instrument should have a Website.

• Al
      29th of Mar, 2011

I so wish I had seen this site before buying a 1/8 size violin for my daughter - it arrived in a banged up box, with a broken fine tuner, rosin and end peg. When I called, I spoke to a very nice rep who told me to email pics and that they would probably exchange for an undamaged instrument. Instead all I got was an offer to ship out a new end pin. They even tried to convince me that the broken fine tuner was normal and all their violins were like that! (I'm new to violins, but not a total idiot thank you very much!) My daughter's violin teacher confirmed that the end pin was definitely damaged, but since it was the one of the "G" string was able to tune it with the pegs and said it wasn't worth returning considering it is an instrument for a 4 year old and will see some abuse anyway. I have never received such crappy customer service from an online store - stay far, far away!