Kitchenaid Refrigerator / poor warranty service

TX, US Review updated:

I PURCHASED an extended warranty on my Kitchen Aid refrigerator on my 2009 refrigerator (cost 1500) I made my first service call on 17 July, the repairman did not come out until 24 July. They said it needed a part, they ordered the part and it didn't come in for 2 weeks then when they came back they said the refrigerator is not repairable. It is now 1 Sept and they have not fixed the refrigerator and the repair service South Texas Appliance REpair claims they told Whirlpool it couldn't be fixed and Whirlpool says that STAR has told them it needs another part to get fixed. I have called many times and keep getting the run around blaming the other person. They refuse to send out another repairman. They promise to call but never return my call. I would NEVER buy an extended warranty from them again.

Comments

• Je
      Sep 02, 2008
    Kitchen Aid Refrigerator - Repeated Repairs
    Kitchen Aid
    4933 Dewey Rose Ct.
    Tampa
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

Purchased 5 Kitchen Aid Appliances in 5/02 when re-modeling Kitchen. All have had at least one repair. The Refrigerator has had 2 repairs for the same problem once in 2004 and one this year. I have called Kitchen Air as a consumer of their products to see if they would assist in the latest $500.00 repair to the control panel and since I have been out of a refrigerator since 7/30/08 due to a back ordered part???. Sherill who could care less, told me that since my refrigerator is older than 4 years, they would not assist in any way. When I reminded them that I own 5 major appliances, which are all Kitchen Aid, I was told in a most robotic form, that due to the age of my refrigerartor (6 years old) and having a recurring problem, there would be no assistance. For anyone thinking of purchasing an appliance from Kitchen Aid. STEER CLEÅR.
    Not only is their product sub-standard, they do not stand behind their products.

• Jt
      Jan 09, 2010

Today is 1/10/10 and I have not had a working Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator since 11/23/09. (Refrigerator was purchased 3/08 w/an extended warranty from Lowe's. However, this problem was a "sealed system failure " and was covered under Kitchenaid's warranty.) Kitchenaid sent out a repairman and after 4 different repairmen on 5 visits and 3 parts sent overnight from Kitchenaid, my refrigerator was declared "fixed" on Christmas Eve, 12/24/09.

Well, we still do not have a working refrigerator. It "died" completely 12/29/09. Then we were finally promised an "even exchange" but have been waiting over two weeks for the refrigerator to be sent from the factory to the Lowe's near us. Even a personal call from a manager could not solve the problem.

We've lost food, eaten out at EVERY restaurant in the area and lost days of work waiting for repairmen who apparently have not a clue as to how to fix refrigerators under warranty. (The repair company sent by Kitchenaid has an "F" rating with the BBB and numerous complaints when you google their name. We learned always to check out the company first - even when recommended by Kitchen Aid.) We also will NEVER, EVER PURCHASE A KITCHEN AID/WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCE and would like to pass along the warning to other unsuspecting consumers.

Aug 03, 2011

I am having alot of problems with my Kitchen Aid Fridge that I bought in July 2004, last year it wasnt cooling and I called for repairs to Whirlpool Canada, it was repaired but exactly a year later, same problem now I am being told that its a coil under my fridge and it will cost me alot. This Fridge cost me $9000 and only last 5 yrs, where other cheaper fridges cost less and last longer. I am thinking never to buy Kitchen Aid products etc.