Keller Williams Realty / Kellerwilliamsbrentwood.com / the darkside of keller williams

I used to work for Keller Williams. One of the fastest growing Real Estate companies. They say it's ALL about the people. It's all about a life balance.

It is all a joke. I came across a very difficult deal and the company turned on myself and my clients. Just like that. I asked for help I never got it. I got a kick in the face. No one was there to help me during this stressful time. I had to leave the company because of the way I was treated. I left and continued to try and resolve this situation with the clients. It did not happen. The clients ended up in mediation with no support from Keller Williams. I wanted to be there to support my clients they sent a lawyer to be there with me. (because they HAD too) They ended up hiring a lawyer and then billed me over $8300.00 for it when I paid my portion of E&O insurance for the year.

My clients complained about the service they received on several occasions no one responds.

I complained to the management with no response.

I complained to their corporate office they say it is a Franchise so they did nothing.

I just want other's to be aware Keller Williams Brentwood (northern California)is not what they say they are they did not stand behind me or my clients they were left to fend for themselves. As I was. Anyone who is thinking of using this company should be aware of what could happen to you if a problem should arise.

Agents be careful before you make the move. Unless something changes I would be careful. I have tried on many occasions to resolve this matter they treated me like dirt. A guy who started with them from the ground up was telling other agents and speaking up within the office about how I was treated and he was asked to leave. I do not want what happened to me to happen to someone else. Be aware!

Smoke n mirrors

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Kw
      16th of Aug, 2018

"Dealing" with KW:
    House #1 purchased in 2016 in Portland, OR - the day after our offer was presented, listing agent for KW held an open house, even though there was a "competitive" "offer". "Lucky" for us no further offers were presented.

Almost two years later, house #2 offer in Vancouver, WA - less than 20 hours after FULL PRICE offer presented to KW listing agent, get a Zillow alert on the same house having an open house the next day. Apparently the "other" "offer" that was on the table wasn't good enough either...

See Red KW signs, run away. Ethics, not important. Fake "competitive" "offers" on houses on the market for months that just happen to occur the same day. Gibbs Rule #39: There is no such thing as coincidence.

12th of Mar, 2018

Gyimah Kyei maybe new to KW realty, but he made an appointment and didn't keep it, which was a big inconvenience for me. He called through the main number, so I had to search the web to find his number. I called him & he said he'd call me right back - no apology for not coming. He never did call me back.

None of the other realtors from KW were so rude as Gyimah Kyei, but I have received calls from realtors who've already looked at my special house and didn't member my name when it came up again on a list of for-sale-by-owner. If they spend so much time on the phone, how will they have time to actually sell my house?

• Ad
      25th of Jul, 2016

I know how hard it can be to find the right place for the right price in the greater Houston area, so as a tenant I want to help my landlord and any future tenants out as much as I can. Having said that, this is still my home for the time being... I am cleaning my new residence and moving through the night because it is hot in Texas in July and I work. On Thursday, 6/22/16, at 7:30pm, I heard keys jingling at my door with no knock, as my dogs would have erupted if there had been, and thought that since I had not been notified of a showing that evening, they it was probably my next door neighbor. I went about my way getting ready to go out... Then I got a voicemail saying an agent was at my door and could not get in. I called them back to explain that I had not received any notice, that I was not decent, my dogs were home, and that the place was a mess. The lady told me that she would inform the agent that it was not an appropriate time. Remember, it was 7:30 on a Thursday night, and I hadn't been informed.

Well I felt bad for whoever was looking for a new home, so I quickly got myself dressed, and opened the door to explain the situation and let the people in my messy home. Embarrassingly enough to admit, I had been cleaning house and preparing to move stark naked. 😳 Again, this is still my home, although I respect my landlord and would like to not see them lose any money on a vacancy on my behalf. Everything up to this point was apparent miscommunication...

But the second I opened the door, agent Amanda Ramirez of Keller Williams in Clear Lake began yelling at me, saying that they've "been waiting, and this is very rude." I tried to explain that I didn't get a notice for the evening visit, but that I had received one for 2:30p. I attempted to tell her that I had dogs in the unit, and the place was a mess, but she continued to speak aggressively towards me in the doorway of my own home. There was no rationalizing with her, so I turned my attention to the young couple to apologize and explain the situation to them, and that I would allow them inside, but to please ignore the mess. That I was doing this out of the kindness of my heart, because I know they're in a stressful situation looking for a home. Agent Ramirez was so aggravated, that she kept yelling at me that I couldn't talk to her clients, and got on the phone with I don't know who, telling them I can't talk to her clients. I honestly thought she was going to try and physically get me to be quiet by covering my mouth. I guess whomever she was speaking with told her to put the key back in the lock box, because she hung up and no sooner did she tell me to move so she could put the key back, she reached between my body and arm to put it back. I honestly thought for a second she was coming at me due to her swift movement my direction and her body language, not to mention the tone of voice she had used since I first opened the door. I raised my arm, and relieved myself of the very close quartered encounter with your agent. As she left I asked her what her name was. She turned and screamed her name from the ground level and told me to google her, while grabbing her name tag and showing it to me, which obviously I couldn't see it from that distance. I honestly at that point didn't know what to say, but I quickly noticed 3 of my neighbors with their kids in the pool where they had watched the whole thing unfold from the time of Ms. Ramirez's arrival on my doorstep, which is right over the pool. They asked who that was and could not believe the level of professionalism displayed by the agent, and when I went down to he pool 5 minutes later, one of the neighbors returned to the pool from her unit telling me that Ms. Ramirez was still out in the parking lot with her clients talking negatively about me. Now I know one agent does not represent the whole lot, or even the company itself, but I am a young teacher with a goal of buy my first home in 24 months, and I honestly can't see myself picking up the phone and calling Keller Williams with the current taste in my mouth, or using your services one day when I hopefully start flipping houses, but that really isn't why I am contacting you today. I'm doing so because I support free market enterprise, and I love this country. I just want you, what I'm sure is a great company, to know who is working for you. Thanks, and God bless!

A.M.

• Ke
      8th of Apr, 2016

Be aware! This people are unethical and deceivers! We never contacted them and they never presented the buyers of our home, but in a deceive way the represented the buyers and at the end made us paid them 3% of our house selling price. We never even met STephanie Drewry the realtor of this unethical company that deceives people! Please be aware when you are selling your house and this people are in the middle!

• Re
      28th of Aug, 2015

I'm a Realtor in SC and have had bad dealings with KW agents
    Recently one agent took my buyers offer to their seller and said no other offers were in (she said this 3 times )
    Next day I have a call from the listing agent with KW saying my seller rejects your offer and another offer came in at midnight my seller has taken. Seller will not be countering your buyers offer, I was furious and said this is unfair to my buyer and. Not ethical. You said you had no other offers in when we presented ours and the other offer had an advantage over ours since that other agent knew our offer.
    This same LA with KW on another Real Estate dealing coached me to present a higher near asking price offer to secure the bid and she is not allowed to give any info on bids
    My buyer had no chance to present a higher offer to compete and today that sale closed in MLS and guess what ???
    It was a buyers agent listed as selling agent on the same team with KW
    Unfair advantage to my buyer client when that listing agent is trying to help her team mate win their bid.
    Also KW agent lied and said she was on vacation and couldn't meet seller to present our offer then tried to put our offer off til the end of week when she said she would be back from vacation
    Then next day she said she had met the sellers with both offers. How did she get back so quickly from vacation??
    She was waiting on her teammate to get his offer in obviously

• Bo
      25th of Jul, 2015

Anita Hale is a real estate scam artist working within Keller Williams and her own independent company. I was looking to relocate to the atlanta area to further my career. I was a single mom so I wanted to make sure I went through a reputable company. I met Anita online and we corresponded via email for awhile regarding a property that I fell in love with. We later set an appointment to view the house and thats when all the drama started. We arrive early and shes late! Any good agent would arrive before their prespective client to prep the house. The house had been vandalized and all the appliances had been stolen. She reassured me that this was a good neighborhood and that it may have been a fellow agent. I later discover that it was a inside job and she blames it on me. But that will be discussed at a later time. Nonetheless my young eager self fell for her realtor scam charm and signed the lease. Within the lease we agreed on certain repairs that took an exteneded about of time to complete. Now mind you I met her repair man one and one time only during my year lease. Fast forwarding to the colder months is when the house really showed its true colors. The water heater went out, Ice maker quit, the security light in the front didnt work, door bell stopped, bathroom stopped up. After several coorespondeds with Ms. Hale and her reassuring us that our issues were "Minute" I consulted professional help. In addition she had no concern for my kids that didnt have the ability to take a decent bath without us having to boil water. My car also was broken into twice due to her not repairing the outside light! I hired a plumber for the bathrooms and waterheater, an electrician for the light and ice maker. As a result I deducted this amount from the rent. She does not accept my payment and attempts to EVICT me and my family. I decided to fight her in court and WON she was responsible for all of the repairs in which I supplied documentation for. She then decided to harrass us with countless letters ending out landlord tenant agreement, bringing strangers in our home to view the property without 24hrs notice, she had someone beating down my bedroom door because I wouldnt open it due to me taking an online exam, in which I informed her of3 days prior. Fast forwarding to the move out and end of lease we leave on bad terms and I return the key were she asked me too. I later receieve a bill for over 5k of repairs that is also now listed on my credit. This CRAZY WOMEN SAID I STOLE HER WATER HEATER!!! IM LIKE ME AND WHAT ARMY IM 5'3! She then proceeds to sue me for damages. I seek legal representation and fight her in court AGAIN... YEP I won and she owes ME damages for what she did! She has yet to pay me. She tried to offer me lower than the settle amount just to degrade me. BEWARE OF KELLER WILLIAMS SCAM ARTIST ANITE I HALE... Our story is still being continues after 3 years!

• Ip
      27th of May, 2015

They have an ok training program, but they do lack integrity. I worked for KW City View in San Antonio TX and it seems that all they care about is recruiting new blood (agents) at $500+ per agent. The team leader/recruiter (L.Cutler) promises to give you support, training, etc...but all you'll find is a brain washing session to make you believe the hype. "Don't" join KW it's nothing more than that a hype. Agents pay close to $20, 000 per year in order to use the name KW. Thanks but no thanks. You can also add an additional $1000 per year for office fees (oh yeah long distance calling is not covered by this fee) so good luck on using the office phone to call that buyer in California. Any new agent can invest half of that and develop a marketing strategy. The top lead generating website in the nation cost approximately $750...do the math. They will sell you on the CAP idea... and all you hear from the others (the brain washed ones) is the rhetoric "if you CAP you'll be at 100% commission". Now to add insult to injury if that doesn't convince you here's the icing on the cake. KW has been sued so many times that the deductible for a single agent "if" involved in a lawsuit is drum role pleeease... $25, 000. So on top of paying your $100 per transaction for E&O insurance you better pray to God you're never involved in a lawsuit while working for KW, however statistics show that if RE is your career/profession is not a matter of "if", but more of when. Now you do the math is it really worth staying with KW? for a place that stacks all the cards against you and makes you pay royalties from every deal like if you owned the place. NO THANKS.

• Ke
      15th of Apr, 2014

Every Broker, Agent has a fiduciary responsibility to uphold the state laws with their Department of Real Estate (DRE) I've read about mortgage fraud, Arms Length Transactions, Acting as Realtor on own personal sells transaction, and accepting a kick back from mortgage company in these statements. This is very serious! The broker is liable for the actions that these agents transact under their licenses. These complaints need to go to state departments such as DRE, or Consumer Complaints with the local DA District Attorney for the State or County at no charge to the victimized individuals. The complaints need to be sent to federal level with Franchise Department. This company is prevalent for acting in a negligent manner and yes there may be a few good eggs, but with as many rotten ones this Franchise and Real Estate Agency needs to be under investigation. Franchise laws are even more strict. Keller Williams runs a free for all franchise and should be required to tighten down on guidelines, laws, and conduct to remain in business. I have a similar story of Agent selling property without a Tax Identification Number on a Multi-Unit (used entire complex APN) never subdivided even to this day! Accepted $150, 000 through their Escrow Company, requiring a Non-Refundable deposit to prevent the property from going into foreclosure, accepting funds and then denying that the sales agreement even existed or that Escrow account existed! Not providing appraisal and cleared title policy of Notice of Default and then claiming that loan was not closed to warrant loss of Earnest Money. The funds required for earnest money is usually in the 3-4% range and so down payment is an astronomical loss. This is not hearsay as to proof is in all legal documentation. The loss thickens and is so deep that the damages are beyond measure. A federal class action may be a better solution for individuals with large losses and to ban together with stronger viable case. Commenting realtor's from Keller Williams are only interested in defending their monetary position and means and if the clients comes first these complaints should be viable enough to cause them to want redirect individuals to great realtor's in their area or squash the damaging agents. You can't just brush the issue under the welcome rug at the front door and think that it is going to go away.

• He
      9th of Feb, 2014

In my opinion they are more interested in selling to investors than individual home buyers. Any home that has been listed by KW that I have been interested in looking at have been told it was already pending sale. Really?? It goes into pending before you list it?? Tax records prove investors are buying the property.

• Ju
      29th of Sep, 2013

What did Valerie do to have to pay a lawyer $8300? I did not read in her complaint what she said or did. What can be deducted is that whatever she said or did was bad enough for her to pay up a fine for bad behavior. Any company she goes and works for would have her pay her share. Now to come and badmouth the company for her own doing is bad business. I have been doing business for 21 years with different companies and 5 months ago started to work for Keller Williams in San Antonio and only wish I started 21 years ago with KW. Spit it all out or kindly keep your silence and go sell a house using good work ethics if you have any.

• Ju
      29th of Jan, 2013
    Keller Williams Realty - realtor looking at my wifes breasts blowing us off and sending his girlfriend to show us houses
    keller williams mls
    20 trafalgar square suite 101
    Nashua
    New Hampshire

Me and my wife's first visit to meet with Jason duval about looking to buy house started out with checking out my wife's breasts my wife had to keep pulling her shirt up I did not like first thing that was not professional. Next he kept sending us homes that we told him that wasn't what we were looking for and then the final straw was when we went to go look at a home he said he could not make it and was going to send an a associate that wasn't a big deal then she opened her mouth up and said they were dating and that was it that's not who I want to do business with. Bottom line my wife felt uncomfortable with this creep and shame on this company because it probably has been done before. So if you need a realtor go elsewhere thanks good luck.

8th of Dec, 2012

I will never ever deal with Keller Williams realty ever in my life, Angie Morrs, bad agent in cahoots with R & M Moving company, Seminole. They all take advantage of a person alone and then rip her/him off, then blame the customer. These agents and movers do not take any responsibility for aything. Read R & M moving company reviews and Keller Williams reviews, this will then tell the complete story. They stand back and all get what they can then scam the customer. These people are just bad and do not care about the customer, all about themselves and the money. Shady characters, stay away or you will be scammed. Believe me, they know the system. They all only want the money, the sale and the belongings then say goodbye and all laugh about it. I am not going to lie about anything but they all know what they did. Parasites to the max, stay away, you will be better off in the long run.

• Da
      2nd of Aug, 2012

We recently had contact with your agent, Pam Teller, through the sale of our home.
    I must tell you I am very, very upset about her actions.
    On Friday evening, July 27, our agent who was selling our home went to get the key out of the lock box
    at our old residence.. The key was gone.
    She tried all night long to reach Pam, who did not return any calls or text messages.
    My agent went over to the resident in question Saturday morning because Pam, again, was still not answering her phone.
    Imagine my Agent's surprise to find a house full of people ready to paint and some furniture all ready moved into the dwelling.
    Now, let me point something out very important, Pam gave the seller the key to the house before our closing papers were signed.
    My Agent explained to the buyer that he could not be in the residence.
    He was cooperative and left. My agent locked the house and left.

Now at this time, my husband is trying to calm himself down and me down. I was ready to tear up the contract for the stunt Pam pulled. She does not deserve a commission. She upset us more than you can imagine. My hard earned money is going to someone who is unethical.

What Pam Teller did was underhanded, dirty, unprofessional, deceitful, and plan wrong. She knew that the house had not been closed. No paperwork signed. No money exchanged hands.
    I felt sorry for the Buyer as he was lied to by her. I would hope she would be upset if another realtor pulled this stunt on her or is this her standard operating procedure?
    I will be filing a formal complaint with the Tennessee Real Estate Commission. If she were a doctor, I would be filing a malpractice claim.

If this is a representation of Keller Williams, I know we will never have any dealings with the company.

Response from Pam Teller:
    Hello Eve,
    I want to apologize to you and your husband for the miscommunication of allowing the buyer to have possession of your home before funds were disbursed and I take full responsibility for that. I understood the funding number and wire instructions had been issued when the buyer closed Friday afternoon and I regret I did not speak to your agent to confirm that. As soon as I received the message from your agent on Saturday morning I did call her with regards to the buyer not moving in until the closing had been funded. It was not my intention to do anything dishonest, underhanded or unethical and I hope you will accept my apology. I truly regret causing you and your husband anxiety and frustration along with your agent having to address the situation with the buyer. Please accept my apology.

My response:

Ms. Teller,

I cannot and will not accept your apology at this time.
    The more I learn, the more dishonest, underhanded and unethical you are.
    Now I have learned there is another party involved. A Mr. Paul Teller?

Mr Teller was very rude to my Agent, who was my legal representative.
    If I had known he had taken an attitude Friday, I would not have left my grocery shopping to rush over to the attorney's office.
    I was told per your office I had to get a piece of paper signed or the buyer would not receive the money.
    So you went ahead with a closing in which one party was not in attendance and there was no money!
    Still you gave him the key to the house for painting and moving in knowing full well the sale was not handled properly.

You can try to sugar coat this all you want but the bottom line is you did wrong and got caught.
    This whole episode of working with you has been a train wreck from the beginning. My husband stuck with the deal because he felt sorry for a preacher.

You have received money from us that is not deserved. You are being compensated for being dishonest.
    If this is your standing operating procedure, you may want to revisit your way of doing business.

I have reported you to the Tennessee Real Estate Commission for this incident.

I hope I never have to do any business with you or your team again.
    You have ruined the reputation of Keller Williams.
    When my family goes out looking for houses to purchase, I will very clearly say, "Stay away from Keller Williams."

DO NOT USE KELLER WILLIAM OF HENDERSONVILLE, TN OR KELLER WILLIAMS OF MT JULIET, TN.

15th of Jun, 2012

Stay Away! Too many "bad" agents spoils the Keller Williams broth.

• Sh
      26th of May, 2012

I was a top team leader and saw a major shift as the international leadership ( those at the very top) made their primary goal to be #1 in agent count. It is a numbers game---quantity of agents, not quality of agents. On a local level, I think it creates liability for the local owners when they have many inexperienced (or less than stellar agents) in their office, all in an effort to help the corporation reach #1 in agent count. In the last few years, the corporate motto has become "Total World Domination". My question would be: "at what cost to the consumers?". Buyer beware

maryann lapointe comment:

By the way, the owner of R & M Moving company, Rose Bornhouser's husband/mover Roland had 5 prior felonies that Angie did not tell me:
    Robbery, burglary of a residence, dealing in stolen property, grand theft of a firearm, & multiple marijuana charges...What type of a person who is an agent, Angie Morris refers me to a moving company like this. She did not refer me to any other movers, only the thieves & liars like herself. Getting a kickback, I am sure. They were all in cahoots scamming potential buyers who are decent not parasites.

14th of Apr, 2012

Please do not have any of your agents or your company contact me as I had the worse of the worse experience with your company. It could fall off the earch as far as I care.

14th of Apr, 2012

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS AGENT OR COMPANY...UNPROFESSIONAL...I was & I am on disability, I had the worse experience with Keller Williams RealtyAngie Morris, She is the worse realtor & person I ever dealt with & R & M moving co.. These type of people do not care about the customer only what they can get & how much. She referred me to only 1 moving company(I thought she was trying to help me, what a joke. She referred me to R & M Moving company in the tampa & surrounding areas. After the move R & M moving company robbed me, took my belongings & was verbally abusing me. They all took advantage of a woman alone. She is a greedy, mean, nasty, self centered narcassist I have ever met. It is always about her & her spoiled brat daughter, like herself. They were joking & laughing at the time I told them that the movers stole my belongings. I think they alll have a head problem to do this to a prospective buyer, no conciense, & all parasitic narcissists.Gold diggers from decent customers. Get out of business you scam artists.

• St
      22nd of Feb, 2012

We has bad experiences with 2 realtors simultaneously in Joplin, Mo. They apparently don't need work or money. 1st realtor we got him involved in a short sale home after my house sold. He did not want to get involved and was very passive and Never followed up. I was working with listing Agenf on my own. I went to school with the guy. I dropped him and switched over to awesome Pro 100. My husband and had our 3rd child and we wanted a bigger home with land. So he used the 2nd KW realtor. We figured she was pissed off when she got word we dropped 1st KW realtor. My husbands 6 mth contract came to an end and she, Connie Shull, never notified us, took the listing off the Internet and went out and had her KW sign taken down!!! Best wishes to her you suck!!! She sucked from the get go and never returned calls or anything to help us.

• Dr
      12th of Nov, 2011

I purchased property, There was no easement showing, but a drive running along side the property.I ask what about the drive.it's your land they have no easement do what you want.Now I'am being sued over this drive, with no easement.Where is my help from Keller Williams, and the closing attorneys.Still hiding in their office.I had to hire my own attorney.At great expense.They suggested one but they never suggested on them paying for it.Like they should be doing.I bought title insurance and pulled the property up on the county site no easement ever showed.Keller Williams should be standing bye us on this since this is something they never disclosed.or found.nor did their closing attorneys.Step up Keller Williams, Not all of us can afford to be sued!!!