Kanata Ford / Not returning calls after asking to cancel Globali insurance

1 8000 Campeau DrKanata, Ontario, Canada
Phone: (613) 591-9000

While reviewing my invoice for a new car purchase at Kanata Ford I questioned a few line items, including a $110 gasoline fee and a $389 globali.com insurance charge. I was later told the $110 was a mistake and they reimbursed me part of this fee. However they told me I had to take the globali insurance even though I didn't want it.

We went away on vacation and when I got back I reviewed the paperwork and saw this in the contract. "The Customer has 30 days from the Delivery Date of coverage to cancel this Certificate and receive 100% refund". So within the 30 days, I called and spoke with our salesperson. They said they spoke with the manager, Jeff Manderson, and he would call me back to discuss.

This was three months ago. Over this time I've sent three e-mails and left seven voice mail messages but Jeff has been ignoring me ever since I said I wanted to try and cancel this insurance.

I've called Ford Canada and raised an alert with Kanata Ford but still no response. Will give them a few more weeks and will then raise this with the Better Business Bureau and any other organization willing to help me to get them to return my calls.

I thought it was a good place, but it was dishonest of them to tell me I had to take the insurance and sleezy of them to not return any of my calls. If this is how Kanata Ford deals with a $400 issue, I can only imagine how they will hide from you if you ever have a larger issue.

Sh