Kaiser Permanente / doctor refusing to refill insulin prescription
Doctor at Kaiser Permanente Panorama City, has refused to refill insulin prescription for a long time type I diabetic, until patient comes in for blood work. Doctor has also stated that the patient hasn't been coming in for appointments. Patient has stated that she hasn't been contacted by the doctors office to come in for the stated appointment.
Patient is unable to travel to the facility, and will need the insulin soon. This is an outrage and borders on negligence on the doctors part. Insulin should NEVER be used as a bartering tool to get a patient in for an appointment. Patient spoke with her former North California Kaiser endo/doctor who said they would never withhold insulin if a patient hadn't come in for their blood work.
The patient is weighing the possibility of filing formal complaints with the ADA, as she feels she may not be the only diabetic patient that is being refused life sustaining medication.
This doctor also is involved with a pay to perform organization that rates them and rewards them for having patients with good blood glucose control/good blood pressure etc...patient believes this is the main reason for forcing the issue of getting her into the office for the blood work.
Patient is currently speaking with any attorney.
More Kaiser Permanente Complaints & Reviews
- Kaiser Permanente - ineligible for rehire 
- Kaiser Permanente - scam 
- Kaiser Permanente - incompetent medical staff 
- Kaiser Permanente - medicare funds wasted 
- Kaiser Permanente - nightmare 
- Kaiser Permanente - marked do not rehire
- Kaiser - misrepresentation of services, wrongful enrollment based on false information
- Kaiser Permanente - service at chronic pain dept vallejo
- Kaiser Permanente - membership services
- Kaiser - most rude customer service rep