K Mart / rude behavior!

1720 s centerMarshalltown, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 641-753-0945
I dropped off my 3 teenage daughters to do some last minute Christmas shopping At the K-Mart in Marshalltown Iowa. I get a call later that they are being followed around the store by 2 female employees for the last half an hour. And that other customers were asking my daughters if they were being followed. When I arrived I found my daughters and walked around an aisle to find these 2 female employees peering around at my girls. I asked why they were so blatantly following my girls.they said they hadn't been which was an obvious lie. I asked if they had in any way given the impression that they had been shoplifting... they replied no.

I asked to see a manager all the while the employees are giggling and whispering amongst themselves. A manager named Dave shows up.I tell him the story and that I was offended and that my girls couldn't even shop with such rude and blatant behavior by his employees. That my girls were scared and angered at this going on for over a half an hour and so noticeable to other customers that it wasn't justified or professional.

Dave, then proceeded to tell me that he has been followed in places such as Menard,s and that "He" wasn't offended so I shouldn't be either. He took no action and offered no apologies. We left the presents that they had already chosen in the cart and left the store. Needless to say we wont shop there again, ever!

Comments

Sp
  1st of Jan, 2009
Jason - are you always this negative
Mi
  17th of Sep, 2009
Since when did Kmart become your childrens babysitter? Of course they would be suspicious of three teenagers wandering around with no adult supervision. Teenagers are often shoplifters, and also have a penchant for mischif.

Kmart Stores Logo Kmart Stores