JobFox / Fake Job Openings

1 7926 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 1100McLean, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7037480162

As a professional jobseeker I am well acquainted with the good and bad in the jobsite universe. Lo and behold, I went to apply for a position from Indeed and was redirected to Jobfox. Some poor employer paid Jobfox to advertise their position; or Jobfox has scraped the jobs as was mentioned in an earlier post. I was forced to create an account to apply for the position.

The profile is remarkably similar to linkedin. (Anyone know of affiliations there?) At any rate I now have a profile and am solicited for their premium services regularly. I also receive listings of "New High-Matching Job Opportunities".

After ten minutes research I found that two of the jobs listed in the email did not exist. In fact I had applied for the positions some six months ago.

Thus, Jobfox is advertising jobs that do not exist tosolicit out-of-work people into spending their money into their fake service.

There are no Help, Site Search, or Support links readily available to unpaid accounts. After a brief dig I ran across the FAQ page (available only when not logged in) with their support email - customerserviceemp@jobfox.com where I am requesting removal of my account and deletion of my information.

*HINT* - if you ever want a job site, or any other site for that matter, to delete your account and data, it is highly recommended that you first log in, change every piece of information you can to false data, and delete everything you can as well.

Change your name, address, zip code, telephone, and any other PII so that if they keep and sell your information later it is unusable.

Ce

Comments

• Et
      9th of Dec, 2010

Thank you for your comments about Jobfox. They claim not to have any expired/old jobs listed on their site but they can't prove it. Despite Jobfox's increased efforts to prove that they are not a scam, they are a scam. Trying to delete your account: Jobfox does not delete any accounts. They make it "inactive" which means they will still send you resume writing offers about 6 times per week with the same "one time only" offer but they have changed the subject. I have asked a recruiter to look into Jobfox on an employer side, and he said they never post jobs with them even though they are bombarded with solicitations from Jobfox on a daily basis. Stay away from Jobfox. Not only are they a scam but they a email spammers.

26th of Jan, 2012

they also sell your info to spammers!