Jim M'lady Nissan / holding paycheck

Jun 7, 2015
Jim M'lady Nissan
Crystal Lake
I worked for M'lady Nissan for about a month then was fired for supposedly not putting a oil drain plug back into a car. And the customer left and drove 45 miles with no drain plug in the car which if there were no drain plug in the car there is no way the motor would have help oil. So I got called into the office to be terminated and as soon as I asked about my last pay check they told me that I would not be reciving one due to the incident and prior mishaps with the company. I later that day talked to a few former employees that worked there and they explained to me the same thing had happened to them in the past. They waited till I worked my full 40 that week to do this to avoid having another payroll check being made out. They let me come get my tools but refused to answer any questions regarding my final pay check

N  7th of Jun, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been in the automotive business since 1985 and I must tell you that you are wrong on a few points...
I have seen cars go 100 miles with a loose plug before it fell out. If you worked on the car and the plug came out then you are at fault. That said...WHAT MAKES YOU THING YOU DESERVE A PAYCHECK?
N  9th of Jun, 2015 by
You are entitled to be paid for hours that you have worked. Unless it was in your employment agreement, that you would be personally liable for any mistakes/damages to customer vehicles, then they have no basis for not paying you.

Nissan Logo Nissan