Ironwood Communications / Completely inept

June 23rd: Subscribed to DirecTV; First available install date (by Ironwood Communications) was July 7th!!

July 7: A kid (16-years-old, if that) comes to my house and says, "Man, this is going to be tough. Are you sure you don't want to go with cable?" I finally convince him that, yes, I do want DirecTV. Then he says, "Okay, well I won't be able to hook up the DVR." I ask why, and he responds "because I have to run a line from the satellite dish." Isn't that his job??? He abruptly leaves; I call to reschedule appointment and the earliest date is July 14 (between 12-4).

July 14: I receive a phone call at 12:10 that says installer in area and needs directions. I immediately call back and provide directions. Operator says she will forward info to installer. I never get a call back. 6:00 rolls around, and still no installer. Ironwood says they can't get a hold of technician, the technician supervisor, or dispatch. They try to reschedule me for July 29th (over a month after subscribing). Still no resolution. DirecTV is a great service, but if it is being serviced by Ironwood Communications, avoid at all costs as they are completely inept!!!

Va

Comments

• Je
      26th of Jul, 2008

Similar situation here just today. Had a scheduled 12pm-5pm window for a HD upgrade. No one showed, no one called to tell me they were going to be late or had to reschedule.

I called DirecTV at 5:15pm and told them the situation. They gave me the number for Ironwood. I called them but their response was they called the dispatch but cannot reach the technician. They assured me the installer would call me back with an ETA. Another hour went by and nothing so another call to them. Different person answered, same exact comment. I said No you will call the dispatcher and have them call me right back so I can talk to him or her. She said OK and after another hour, nothing again.

This time called DirecTV to log a formal complaint with customer service and did but was also passed along to someone who seemed willing to help. We both called Ironwood on a conference call, the DirecTV person gave instruction to the Ironwood person, she again said she would call the dispatch. While we were on hold I told the DirecTV person she would come back saying she could not reach them but left as message, same thing I was told 2 times previously. Of course she came back and said that and asked if I wanted to reschedule. I say I will not accept a "window" and asked if they did Sunday installs. She said yes so I said I wanted the first appointment tomorrow morning and will settle for nothing less. She said she will note that request but could not "guarantee" anything since the local installer's office was now closed.

So will wsee what happens tomorrow morning. The DirecTV person said he would call me at 8:00am tomorrow and we would place another call to Ironwood together to get this to happen. He apologized and confirmed they have been having issues with Ironwood. He said once we get this install all completed that DirecTV would compensate me somehow for the trouble.

I did find a email address for contact at Ironwood, comments@iwcom.net

Needless to say I already emailed them telling them how horrible their service and company was.

• Je
      27th of Jul, 2008

Follow up on my last post:

Well no one called me this morning not DirecTV CSR who promised to call me at 8:00am EST this morning to help insure everything gets straightened out.

So once I again (and by this time it is getting humorous to me) I called Ironwood and was told no one is available to come out would I like to reschedule? I laughed and said of course not!

My next call was to DirecTV to cancel my HD upgrade and to inform them I would be switching to Dish Network. Funny thing is that the CSR said he would call Ironwood for me to see if he can do something. I laughed even harder and said knock yourself out and I would hold for the inevitable answer...which I of course got.

I hung up and will be calling Dish and also pursing filing complaints with the BBB and any other consumer group I feel I need to.