Invicta Watch Company / customer service

1 Hollywood FL, United States

Got an invitca watch as a gift from my wife. Not only will I never buy one, but I have advised my wife, and anyone else that I know, to now buy an invicta watch — ever! Needed to get the band replaced after it rusted through in under 3 years. Called their customer "service" in march 2016.

After being on hold for over an hour, was given the information that I needed to order a replacement band, at the cost of $83 and it would take 90 days. No biggie. Gave the representative my credit card information and waited... And waited.. And waited.

Call them back in july 2016 and was told they could not find my order. Okay. Gave another representative my credit card and this time wrote down the order number. A charge of $83 was processed on my credit card on 7/26/2016. And waited... And waited.. And waited.

Called them back in october, waited on hold again for over an hour, and was told it was on order. And waited... And waited.. And waited.

Finally got the band on november 16th. Yay! But it was not over.

Invicta charged my credit card again for $83 on 11/10. I called them on 11/21 and again waited on hold for over an hour. Talked to eddie, who wanted to make sure I put his name in capital letters when writing this complaint.

Explained to eddie the issue with the duplicate payment. He put me on hold — oh please god, not on hold! After about 5 minutes eddie came back and told me the 7/26/16 was just a temporary hold and was credited back within 3-5 days. But noooo, said i. According to both my credit card statement and my bank, it was processed an never credited back. Eddie said I was wrong and should contact my bank.

After 10 minutes of eddie arguing with me I ask to speak to a supervisor. None available said eddie.

As an customer service and support executive for over 25 years at companies such as dell computer and texas instruments, as well as a former association executive for the association of services management international — the professional association for customer service and support executives from companies such as ibm, siemens, hewlett packard, panasonic, lg electronics... — I fairly well schooled in the operation of a customer service phone queue. Invicta apparently does not subscribe to best practices of customer service operations.

After arguing with eddie for another 10 minutes, a supervisor magically appeared — elaine myers.

Elaine explained the same thing as eddie did regarding the processing of the first payment, and that I should check with my bank. Again, I told her that I have and the first charge was indeed processed. She told me I was wrong.

Wow!!! I cannot remember a worse customer service experience. I will be forwarding this post to everyone I know, as well as the center for services leadership at arizona state university's w. P. Carey school of business as a case study of how not to provide a high level of customer service.

Ja