IntlMove

Posted:

Stay away!

IntlMove
intlmove.com
In my entire life, I have never seen anything like this. Allow me to give some highlights. The initial quote for my move from California to London was $1795 and 6 weeks. In the end the charge was $4, 281.51 and the move has taken 18 weeks.

They sent me two sets of bills for supposed overages. The first I paid without comment, but at the second I protested. I emailed them asking to explain why they kept wanting more money and when it would stop. They responded by only one week after their request for funds charging my $600 to store my belongings because they had to put my move on 'hold' because I had not paid them. $600 for one week of storage!

They had all of my belongings and so I had very little bargaining power. All I can do is post reviews to sites like these to try to make sure no one has to go through this again.

The worst part of this is the unbelievable attitude that the staff has. They basically screamed at me if I was even a day late filling in some apparently irrelevant paperwork, but took weeks to respond to me about where my stuff was. I have asked them repeatedly to let me speak to a manager about the egregious over-charges, but they have never gotten back to me.

Stay away from IntlMove.com!
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Comments

A  10th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
IntlMove completely lack Honesty. They are frauds.
N  27th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
The worst company I have ever dealt with.
They had a local mover pick up from a storage facility 200 cf, and pack 7 pictures.
Declared value, 10K insurance charge $400.00 Outrageous. I refused. They charged additional at every turn, over size (it wasn't), each time accompanied by a demand for immediate payment by wire. Strange, a credit card was fine for a down payment.
Estimated arrival date in Abu Dhabi September 27.
Actual delivery January 21.
Attached is a photo of the sad box as received that speaks for our entire experience with this company

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree