Intex Corp / titanium electrode for 16 in sand saltwater filter

This part is made poorly and only lasts 4 months and Intex won't help. This is the third season with my pool and I have had to buy 2 electrodes. They are not cheap, I've spent $180 in less than a year on this part. They only give a 90 day warranty on parts but apparently make parts that only last 4 months in order to not have to help Thier customer. They advertise being largest leader in pool sales and customer service. I am now a very pist and unhappy customer.

As
Jul 10, 2018

Comments

• Po
      17th of Oct, 2018

3 years ago I bought the ECO8110 salt machine. It is for up to 15, 000 gallon pools and mine is only 6800 gallons. Did that on purpose so my salt machine ran much less than a 7000 gallon model. Worked great. Then it died and I say electrodes were as much as a new machine. So bought a new machine in May. Ran good until end of August then started getting low salt alarms.
    Surgery Sept 5 so went to cl2 tabs until I healed a bit. Tested the 3rd week of September and I was at 2600 on my salt. Good range per salt machine manual 2500 - 3500. Leslies pools tested to double check me. So raised salt to 3000. Same. Raised salt to 3400. Same thing. Called in on Oct 1 because still under warranty. Submitted a claim form and have been waiting.
    Oct 10 still no news if they accepted my claim. Called. They did accept claim BUT there are no electrodes in stock. They will send when they get stock. Nice they contacted me before I had to call them. Found one on amazon that had the option for 4 year replace or money back from amazon NOT intex. 4 year FULL warranty cost a bit over $12. It is the only reason I purchased another intex. It also has the ozone treatment but don't really care about it and it can operate even if the ozone unit does not. Got it yesterday. Love it so far except it lowers my pump discharge going thru the ozone unit. I have 29 days to decide if I like or not. If not back it goes to amazon before the 30 days is up.