Intercape / poor service & payment facility

1 South Africa Review updated:

Be aware when you pay for a Intercape bus trip online with your credit card in South Africa. The money is deducted from your bank account, however you will be unable to get on board the bus if you do not have your credit card with you.

Despite having my identity card and drivers licence when attempting to board the bus, the driver informed me I needed the credit card which was used to purchase the bus ticket. However as I did not have the card on me, boarding would be denied and I would be fully refunded.

However after several calls to the Intercape complaints department I established Intercape will not refund any money and would not offer a voucher or complementary travel ticket instead.

The credit card transaction was completed on the day prior to travelling.

In my opinion Intercape operates an inferior payment and bus service. The buses are regularly more than 30 minutes late (Their terms & conditions ensure the company is not liable for anything ) Intercape changes the services offered online after the booking is confirmed, while the Intercape lost luggage liability does not exceed R.50 per consignment (which is a joke!)

I strongly advise using an alternative bus company.

Comments

• Ih
      1st of Apr, 2013

Apparently I experienced the same situation as you 3months ago and they never returned my money, Intercape south africa you suckkkkkkkkkkk.

• Yo
      2nd of May, 2013

Hi. Today I booked via Internet. Credit card debited. Bus boarding time was 01h25. Waited for bus from 12h52 to 02h55. When I call, after holding for 20 mins, I was told that, the bus was not aware of passengers form Pietermaritzburg and passed there at 12h50.
    No refund, apology, no calls, nothing. Paid full bus fee, plus R350, 00 taxi fee to bus stop and back home. Missed my meeting in Johannesburg, causing me loss of R65000, 00.
    INTERCAPE TRULEY SUCKS. UNRELIABLE, EXPENSIVE, AND YOU CAN NEVER DEPEND ON THEM.
    May your bus service, lead you to bankruptcy.

8th of Oct, 2015

Intercape, you useless, unreliable good for nothing mother humping imbeciles!!!

If your buses aren't late, then they usually experience a breakdown without informing your passengers. on top of that, if your buses aren't late (probably due to your inexperienced, ill equipped staff who have no concept of time or being structured), a refund is usually out of the question - another way of ripping off your passengers.

Even your call operators are just as bloody incompetent and brain dead as your service. one stated the bus arrived an hour later than scheduled. the other said the bus would be 5 hours late. are they even working for the same dismal company??